Second Extinction [OT] Jurassic Pass

Second Extinction is an intense 3 player cooperative shooter, where your goal is to wipe out the mutated dinosaurs that have taken over the planet, and destroyed humanity. The remaining few survivors left have fled to space, and your specialized fireteam is being sent back to Earth to pick the invasion force apart. Teamwork is vital as you adopt the role of one of the survivors, using a unique combination of weapons, abilities and skills to take on the vast number of enemies. Fight through a maelstrom of bullets, bombs, teeth, claws and gore. It’s time to reclaim Earth!

Developer: Systemic Reaction

Publisher: Systemic Reaction

Genres: Co-op, Action, FPS, Hack and Slash

Platforms: Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC

Pricing: $24.99 | 24.99€ | £19.49 | Also available on Game Pass at launch

Release date: 28/04/2020

Game details

3 player strikeforce

Take on the role of one of the resistance fighters and team up with up to two other survivors to hit the enemy where it hurts. Combine your unique abilities, weapon loadouts and equipment for explosive results.

Spectacular action

Fighting dinosaurs has never felt this visceral, with non-stop explosive combat scenarios and adrenaline-pumping tension as your small and isolated team moves through the world, facing enemies of greater numbers or greater size.

Mutated monstrosities

These dinosaurs are nothing like our history books indicated, with strange mutations that make them even more lethal. From electric raptors to behemoth t-rexes that tower over their smaller brethren, these vile creatures are hard to take down.

The heroes

Ortega - Agile and lethal

Valentina, or Ortega as she prefers to be called, is grace and death in combat, moving nimbly between enemies and focusing each shot to provide maximum and continuous damage. Unlike others in her team, she prefers to carry two heavier weapons rather than having a side arm, allowing her more flexibility to take down her enemy.

Jürgen - The precision hunter

Drawing from his experience as both a big game hunter and his time in the armed forces, Jürgen is a master sniper. Meticulous and precise in everything he does, he ensures that every shot does maximum damage. To him, every encounter with the enemy is a chance to pit his wits against the deadliest animal on the planet.

Rosy - Steady as a rock

Rosy is the first and last line of defense on the battlefield. Armed to the teeth with heavy weaponry, she can break through the relentless onslaught and provide a defensive line for her comrades to fall back to.

Amir - Got your back

Amir avoids the thick of battle, preferring to provide support and information to his teammates. With a strategic mind and a daft hand with light weaponry, Amir is highly perceptive of his surroundings, and can spot enemies that his teammates might miss.

Jack (Coming on Launch)

Jack marks the first new hero since launch and joins Rosy as the second Enforcer on the Extinction Unit roster. While Jack shares the same class as Rosy, allowing him access to the same heavy weaponry, while supporting a very different gameplay style and remaining true to the core of what an Enforcer is.

The dinos

The Raptor

The Acid Raptor

The Electro Raptor

The Alpha Raptor

The Bull

The Armoured Bull

The Flatback

The Necro Flatback

The Digger

The Watcher

The Rex

Additional info

Second Extinction Official Website

Second Extinction Official Twitter Page

Second Extinction Official Discord Channel

Systemic Reaction Official YouTube Channel

Trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2wIDB6ogBM

Screenshots

9 Likes

Thanks for setting this up, have been waiting to check this one out!

Buzzing for this. This tweet seems to indicate a 2pm CEST release:

love co op stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Am hyped for shoot bang bang dino game :smiley:

1 Like

Forgot about this.

I’ll chose the Jurgen Klopp character

:frowning:

I was expecting it to be released in 15 minutes like other games.

And there’s no preload either :frowning:

Just looked the install size, says its only 8.77gb. Seems incredibly small for a game like this. Does it not have much content?

I also tried looking for what has been added to game since it reviewed 6 months ago and couldn’t find news on content drops

Can this be played solo or is it co-op only? Thanks.

and I couldnt find it on the phone app to cheat a preload like Outriders. :frowning:

It is early access, so it could be just a few maps for now.

It can, but it’s very challenging that way, according to the devs. There are zones with 3 different difficulties in the map, and the hardest one requires a team of 3, basically.

1 Like

Already downloading on my Series X, it’s a surprisingly small one, just 8.76GB, which is actually a lot less than I expected for a big map dino game.

1 Like

I’ll be hopping on this soon.

If anyone wants to team up feel free to hit me up.

Isnt this early access still right?

Yes, it is releasing as Game Preview on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.

1 Like

OMG!!!

The trigger rumble! So much vibration :smiley:

Nice, I have disabled rumble on my Series X controller as I want to save the batteries, but I might turn it on if it brings good feedback. Excited to try this later today.