Sea of Thieves IOTI Toss a coin to yer pirate, oh plenty o' booty

Dont worry Jeans, I am daft. :slight_smile:

Yeah I had an OLED picked out ready when we built our house, but the prices here in DE added to extra costs lifting the foundations cost us that particular dream. We bought decent but unremarkable TV’s to keep us going, but the dream still lives.

1 Like

Must admit, the 120hz mode didn’t do it for me on SoT.

The trade off on resolution was too hard to stomach. I went back to the crisp 4k60 version on my XSX.

1 Like

As per Xabbott’s message in Discord, I had no idea there were drops going on

btw day two of the sea of thieves drops Twitch

Goddamn this game is gorgeous on my LG CX. Crescent Isle at mid-day :heart_eyes:

Do you guys know if, like other Battle Pass systems, you get your Ancient Coins back if you complete the pass until level 100?

Nope you only get the same coins like the free players

Thanks! That’s kinda disappointing, though. I think the Plunder Pass only lasts a season too, right?

yep i dont feel like it is worth it tbh :smiley:

It doesn’t seem like a lot of “extra” while you’re levelling it either, Destinys battle pass “appears” to be worth it since there are a lot of extra things here and there.

Personally, I’m a big fan of the new system.

Do you get the Plunder Pass stuff retroactively if you purchase it or do you have to level that separetely?

yes I think so

1 Like

Just hit plunder pass 100, this past week or so, I’ve been hooked on sea of thieves!

I have been wanting to get into this game since I decided to switch to Xbox this generation. It looks like a lot of fun.

Is it possible to get started playing solo or is the game too difficult for that? I don’t have any Xbox friends to play it with.

It is possible, but its not as much fun, and it’s not that its much more difficult, but its really inefficient and tedious to “progress” alone. When i play solo, its to enjoy the world and maybe grab a few rewards here and there. A sloop alone is almost too much work to have fun doing that and quests.

Gorgeous though.

[edit] dont let that stop you trying though, theres a cool “Maiden Voyage” tutorial which (if you find everything) net you some starting money towards some cosmetics, and does a great job explaining everything. And you can get to grips with the mechanics on your own, but sailing, keeping an eye on the horizon and exploring islands completing quests is tricker alone.

Been playing a bit the past few days. The season pass really gives a feeling of progression that was much needed, I’m a fan!

I still don’t enjoy the PvP though… Nothing more boring than being in the middle of a quest, and have your ship sunk, and then smacktalked. We had great fun until then, discovering new things thanks to the trials. Immersion completely broken by the griefers. (Yes, griefers. Not much “piracy” or “thieving” involved in sinking an empty ship and calling you names in local)

Turned everyone off after that with comments like “it’s still the same” etc. No one wants to play now, so back to solo fishing I guess :frowning:

1 Like

Yep, I still hate it, hated the idea of it, in alpha, in beta, at launch, and now.

If you get a good crew or some people who want to RP some comedy pirates then it can be immense fun, with some back and forth and banter, but in my experience those times are few and far between and otherwise it just puts me right off, especially if I only half a half hour or so and fancy running a quick solo quest and end up avoiding people for that time and getting nowhere.

I would pay them money for private servers. Actual real money.

1 Like

Yes me too, in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

Thread resurrection!

I recently finished A Pirates Life and - I was a bit disappointed! :frowning:

4 Likes

Thats such a shame, it’s awful when something you look forward to so much just isn’t what you would wish.