Sea of Thieves IOTI Toss a coin to yer pirate, oh plenty o' booty

9 Likes

Hi everyone, this is my first attempt at an OT. I hope you like it and if not help me improve it. I chose to make it a little vague on purpose because thatā€™s exactly how the game welcomes new players.

The images are drawn by me, obviously using official art as a template. Feel free to submit better fanart so I can change those pictures and evolve the OT to something that great game deserves.

And please feel also free to give me feedback on my ā€œpoemsā€ and even make suggestions. I will gladly implement the into the topic and I will give credit of course. Donā€™t hesitate, I am not a native speaker and I will not feel insulted if you think that some (or all of them) are cringey or outright bad.

I consider this OT work in progress, so feel free to participate.

I LOVE THIS GAME. ITā€™s GREAT. GO PLAY IT.

7 Likes

This OT is amazing!

I have never quite been able to get into this game because I am usually a solo player and the game is still a bit difficult by yourself.

I think when the game launches on Series X and is 60 FPS I will try and really get into it.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I appreciate your feedback.

Canā€™t wait for Series X as well. 60 FPS and faster load times will make this game even better.

Hi,

Very nice OT, for one of my fav game ever!

I remember the beta, it was sooo empty, but already so interesting!

Honestly, I think SoT is the best MP IP this gen, canā€™t count the hours I spent in it with my crew Itā€™s gorgeous, smooth, incredible DA, I love EVERYTHING in this gameā€¦

I play on PC (2080 ti - 8700k - 16Go) or One X, it depends, but my crew is Xbox only and cross play is flawless

I tried it on Xcloud beta here in France, it was good, not as good as local hardware but still good

Just one thing to make it better: melee combat, it must be more precise, more reactive

1 Like

Sea of Thieves has been the game to keep in touch with my friends during lockdown. Currently restrictions are lifted somewhat in The Netherlands (and the fact that itā€™s summer) I play a little less, but I plan on sailing the seas again when the evenings get darker.

4 Likes

Thats a beautiful OT for a beautiful game, well done @noesch

2 Likes

Great OT! I love this game and itā€™s only going to be getting better!

2 Likes

Hi @noesch - great OT, and welcome to XboxEra. Iā€™m a pretty big Sea of Thieves fan, and your OT made me want to add some features to the site to allow you to centre some images etc. I hope you find them useful.

Also, for those who doubt how good Sea of Thieves is, I did a very lengthy review of the game in 2020.

Also, is the image for the sloop a briggy on purpose?

5 Likes

Today is the fifth anniversay of Rare Replay, so the fine people from Twycross published this on Spotify (and yesā€¦ also on TikTok)

4 Likes
2 Likes

Thank you so much. These features look awesome. I gonna check out the review too, although Iā€™m already sold on the game (You might have figured that).

The image I used for the sloop is from the official website. At least the template is. Itā€™s the ship they call a sloop in game. I know itā€™s not a sloop but Iā€™m just gonna ride with it :sweat_smile:.

@SuikerBrood Thanks for the heads up. Definitely gonna try to find them.

2 Likes

Anyone know what the 5 rare items are for the 5 year anniversary of rare replay? 20 days left on the quest.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to know too. Anyhow Iā€™m gonna embark to Sunken Grove soon, for thatā€™s the quest for today.

Found a walk-through last night. 4 Islands with paintings of Rare characters that already exist and the Perfect Dark Achievement are the 5 items.

Maintenance is over.

1 Like

Nightshine Bundle looks nice. Will definitely check it out.

Iā€™ve found all the paintings from the anniversary quest before, so it wasnā€™t that hard to find them. Except for the Battletoads one. I knew I had seen it before on Snake Island but it took me almost an hour to find it again.

This month will be a QoL update. Expect a bigger update in September.

Nice OT!

btw SoT is the killer app for Gamepass streaming/xCloud

It makes SoT couch coop and it is just AMAZING

1 Like