Scarlet Nexus: The launch is upon us (Reviews are out)

The camera can be a bit annoying, yeah. Usually, you don’t have to move it much, so it’s okay. It’s the usual bad camera these kind of JRPG have. It doesn’t bother me, but if you didn’t like it in the demo, you will probably hate it in the full game.

1 Like

Thanks, I guess I will either not play it or try to force myself to get used to the camera(as unlikely as that feels so far).

I played the demo and didn’t like it. However a few hours in I’m enjoying this. The problem with the Demo is it throws way too much at you at once and you’re expected to get with the flow right away. Playing the game from the start it introduces different aspects of the combat slowly so you’re more educated on how the combat ticks.

I have to say the graphics are really beautiful. Not in a “omg next gen” way or anything but just the way they merged realistic textures and visuals with anime style is very impressive. This is easily one of the best looking Anime games ever even if its not purely cel shaded anime. It works so well with this type of game

Combat i’m getting use to and once it opens up i can see a lot of depth there. Even though the main story is a bit average i enjoy the small character interactions.

Overall enjoying this game so far but very early in. Fair play to Namco for putting out this and Tales within a few months of each other. I’m extremely hyped for Arise and believe it will a much higher rated game than this.

2 Likes

Uh, what?

1 Like

So is it good?

I wasn’t impressed by the demo, but the reviews really surprised me, and I can’t find anywhere near I live without driving a while.

:crying_cat_face:

My son beat me to the punch on this and has been playing it today. He’s a big anime fan (and Japanese speaker) and he is really impressed thus far. I think the aesthetic and game style work really well for him. I’m downloading it now to give it a go.

1 Like

From someone who almost never enjoys games that are this anime-y, this is a very good game. The combat is super unique and is a natural cycle between using normal attacks and telekinetic with your teammates powers used in between.

The story arc is actually good, but the exposition and characters get vomited at you pretty quickly and unsophisticatedly.

1 Like

I took the $60 plunge and don’t regret it. It’s a good game. Not perfect but its pretty dang good.

2 Likes

Pretty much my thoughts on the game so far too.

2 Likes

Honestly I am pretty much obsessed with this game now, and I don’t really play too many of these types of games. The combat is so freaking smooth and fun, and the characters and story are pretty wild and drawing me in too.

2 Likes

I gave the demo another try after being really hard on it initially. I took to it more, but it still didn’t convince me to go drop $60. Was it a mistake not launching this in Game Pass? Feels like no one is talking about it.

played about the first 5 hours, and I am enjoying it so far. Also was surprised by how much RPG is in this game since I thought it was a straight up action game. Def satisfied with my purchase so far.

Game looks good but with so much to play and so little time I feel like I better wait for it to get on Gamepass at some point or wait for a sale close to Black Friday.

DMC5 also had heavy Xbox marketing and didn’t take long to come to Game Pass. This will 100% be on Game Pass by the year’s end.

That said, I bought it and it’s pretty great.

1 Like

I am having a great time with it, worth it for me because it had my attention from first reveal.

You do realize this game isn’t owned by MS nor is it only on xbox. WIll it come to Gamepass? probably eventually who knows. Namco don’t have to put put their games day 1 on Gamepass when theyre trying to sell it on PS4 PS5 and PC as well. Nor do MS have to pay over the odds for games like this on the service when they have a lot. And if I was MS and i wanted a Namco RPG on Gamepass…i’d be putting all my money on Tales of Arise. Not scarlet Nexus.

The only mistake is people having ridiculous expectations on what games should come to gamepass and what shouldn’t.

The demo turned me off from day 1 purchase but then then that Xbox Extended thing last week convinced me to get it. I’m glad i did. Been a while since i’ve played an anime game on Xbox. I guess Attack on Titan was the last one. Yakuza games aren’t really anime.

2 Likes

Unsure if it’s quick resume, but its crazy how the game’s playtime counter is way off like it says I’ve played for 18 hours, but xbox says I’ve only played for 5 hours.

It’s QR. The timer keeps running in the background, it’s hilarious. I have more than 600h of playtime in DQXIS. It’s 3-4 weeks of playtime, exactly the time I left it run in QR.

It bothered me a bit when I saw that (that was my only save), but it’s not that big of a deal. If you don’t want that to happen, just reload your last save, but it kind of defeat the point of QR.

2 Likes

Quick Resume doesn’t work on this for me. I tried switching between this and Judgment, and neither game Quick Resumed…