Rumor: Sony wants Final Fantasy games exclusively on PlayStation this generation

At the same time, the more Series S/X they sell, the harder it will be to keep them off the console.

3 Likes

Yeah I think this is the key. If Microsoft can gain a significant market share then it makes it harder for Sony to execute these deals. If Microsoft is able to get more sales then it would be too costly for Sony to make games timed exclusive

4 Likes

I like trash and this game looks like a mess but in a fun kind of way. I’d happily take it on day 1 gamepass.

1 Like

???

Creepy fanbase?

Final Fantasy hasn’t been special in a long time IMO. Sure it is still an important IP, but less as a game on it’s own and more of a “Xbox needs this game so other RPGs will follow (the fanbase)”. Well I guess that is the one of the core reasons behind “exclusives” isn’t it. This is less about “oh no not FF” but a potential loss of other games in the same genre.

Ah gotcha never registered on either probably for good reason

2 Likes

So if the source is to be believed, Sony is getting another SE exclusive yet to be announced (as it would overshadow FFXVI) that isn’t FF, KH or DQ. I’m guessing it’s either a new IP or Nier.

We’ve known this was coming for a time, Xbox have sat back and actively allowed Sony to pursue such underhanded tactics - knowing full well their fanboy legion will cheer them on, but would be critical of MS doing the same.

Bethesda was apparently a bridge too far, but I question Xbox not going all in here either.

I’ll still not buy a PS5, Sony can’t force me into their €80 per game ecosystem - my friends play on Xbox, my spouse plays on Xbox, my kids play on Xbox, none of them give two shits about Final Fantasy. I do, but oh well, there’s always PC.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’ also my take, we can talk about diminishing returns, market shares, etc … other eras MS stood more valiantly against these tactics, even during PS2 time, when that console was bigger than anything on existance (pc, other consoles, mobile didn’t exist).

no offence but stranger of paradise looks so half baked. I would rather ms approached capcom or sega to secure something.

1 Like

Capcom ain’t gonna give MS anything (maybe Pragmata at best but that got delayed to 2023 so no use rn), but I hope MS can get Sonic day 1, that would be absolutely massive. Again, I doubt that can happen but hope MS is at least trying for that. Especially if it’s good, could quite possibly be the biggest and most successful day 1 third party game on the service ever.

2 Likes

but wasn’t pragmata announced in a sony event or am i tripping?

Yep, no Capcom game has had Xbox marketing since DMCV (vanilla edition). Expecting a big hitter from them day one on GP is wishful thinking based on current situation.

well they would be able to do it if they brought out a big cheque, but MS strategy is not the same as Sony

yep. But ultimately. my point was Capcom would only do any kind of day 1 deals/timed exclusives for more riskier new projects (so only Pragmata comes to mind as literally everything else Capcom is making rn sells big), and for one MS ain’t moneyhatting anything since 2016 so we can throw that out the window, and that just leaves Gamepass day 1 which again Capcom ain’t doing.

Creative Assembly’s brand new FPS IP | Creative Assembly (creative-assembly.com)

how bout getting this game, although again its FPS multiplayer lol. This from Sega

Very possible but again, as you said, it’s one of those multiplayer shooter games, games that “make sense for gamepass” which I don’t personally care for getting them onto the service. Give me something I don’t expect.

4 Likes

Man if Todd was not in charge Starfield could have been timed exclusive for PS5 by now.

we don’t know if MS try fight these deals or not in big way.

Capcom would only give MS DR game or Lost planet game.

DR as in?

But yeah, Lost Planet returning would be somewhat cool tho, and yeah that’s definitely the kinda game we talm bout

1 Like