Rumor: Sony wants Final Fantasy games exclusively on PlayStation this generation

Xbox got Final Fantasy X/X-2 and we have the FF13 trilogy. We are also getting Final Fantasy Chaos Edition. We won.

Yeah, they could do that but doesn’t Sony have the marketing deal for Stranger? If so, it probably can’t even go on Game Pass. At least not day one anyway.

Whatever I dont like FF anyways. Dragon Quest is better, just make sure they can keep getting those on Gamepass.

Getting DQ will be on MS. I keep seeing concern that “Sony will buy PS5 exclusivity” for it but this is a unique situation because it is not solely up to Square. Yuji Horii won’t accept the game not being on Switch (even if this means severely different version like DQXI on 3DS) which in turn means Sony can’t stop it from coming to Xbox.

Sony wont get DQ exclusivity anymore, I just cant see it

Playstation is doing terribly software wise and DQ is much bigger in Japan than FF, DQ might not come to xbox in the future but it will have nothing to do with Playstation moneyhats

2 Likes

Idk, this game looks like another abomination from Nomura

Microsoft should go after Dragon Quest XII especially since im more interested in it than I am Final Fantasy XVI.

2 Likes

Microsoft can’t realistically do much about this because of the small Xbox install base in Japan, but they’ve got to stop Sony from moneyhatting stuff like Kotor remake

2 Likes

Bad news for me if true. FF is one of my favorite franchises. If FF16 really is permanent exclusive then I’ll get a PS5 for it.

Anyways…

Me getting ready for it with my PS5 so it doesnt collect dust

1 Like

Idk if you have a pc or not but it’ll definitely end up on pc.

Yeah this one better come to Xbox!

1 Like

Doesn’t matter where FF is I’ll play it. Soon as I can find a PS5

1 Like

Boo if true

I do wonder how this will go. Final Fantasy 7 Remake only sold like 5 million copies. It was on the PS4 with a huge install base. FF16 is PS5 only with what will be a less 35 million install base. That install base is also heavily focused in the west as they haven’t been allocating many units to Japan.

Yeah but Sony has probably helped a great deal financially to offset the cost of the game even if the sales are not amazing.

1 Like

Over 5M on August 2020. Should be near 8M Id reckon lol.

2 Likes

We could have had the game by now, maybe even last year. And if it not had been on GP I would have bought it.

Basically a SFV situation here, can’t imagine Phil is too happy about this. But what can ya do.

1 Like

Undoubtedly, Sony would love to be the sole home of Final Fantasy, but it’ll really depend on how much Microsoft/Xbox cares as this continues on. If they feel it’s worth it to intervene, they will and I don’t think Sony could stop them.

I suspect that the cost will be too high, though, and that the money that could have been spent to stop the exclusivity will go into more profitable/worthwhile endeavors.

2 Likes