Rumor: Sony is remaking Horizon: Zero Dawn

I’m well familiar, I lived that era. They removed that compatibility in my territory before the console even released. Pretty much the reason I never got one. It was always amusing to do list wars though! Guy be like “Ratchet Collect, Sly Collection, God of War collection, Jak Collection”…I be like “Xbox 360 is still backwards compatible”

1 Like

Yep

4 Likes

And people are making fun of those things too. Skyrim ports are a meme, Nintendo’s 60$ Ports are ridiculed for their price but still sell amazingly for some reason and people were annoyed of Rockstar for porting gta5 instead of developing a new one. Persona seems to get a pass from what I’m seein. Maybe cause it’s new to xbox and launching in gamepass.

Well you couldn’t get Persona 5 on Xbox One or Xbox Series. You can play H:ZD on PS5 and modern day games can be updated ad infinitum with literally anything…new maps, new character, new animations, new music, new modes. Anything.

Between Sony selling Campaigns, VR “experiences” and multiplayer and patches as separate purchases you’d need to spend nearly $300 to get the equivalent of a single Xbox game…which are free with gamepass!

Forza Horizon 5 + Hot Wheels DLC would be 4 games on PS5.

1 Like

Well, they whole legendary slate of their IPs have been coming from third parties - Capcom, Konami, Square Enix, ABK, Sega… \

Does it have some big licensed IPs?

And it is a meme at this point but it helps that Wii U did not sell

And nobody is happy about it and main driving force of GTA is a multiplayer anyway these days

It is a meme at this point and after 10 year it still charts better than Horizon without bundles

On PS nobody cares, but the game is coming to Game Pass and Xbox for the first time.

1 Like

Ps really just needs to reboot jak,sly, resistance and infamous. These are all quality IPs.

You sure, have they even announced the sales numbers for TLOU P1? they usually love to brag about sales numbers unless they’re bad in which they stay quiet

Was this the thing you were talking about when you said there was a leaky problem within Sony, couple of episodes ago?

1 Like

I am not a fan of Infamous and found the Sly games past the first one (which was truly great) dull and boring but yeah I’d like to see Sony doing something out of the comfort zone aka their current AAA template. To be honest though with Jimbo behind the wheel I don’t see that happening any time soon, it seems like they are doubling down on focusing on their successful IP’s more and more while trying to fill some gaps with 3rd party moneyhats.

2 Likes

Jim is clearly a businessman and Sony seems all in on these sorts of games and practices. If not careful they could suffer ip burn out like people had with halo and gears.

2 Likes

I agree. I just really loved Days Gone!!! And was hoping for a current generation sequel. :slight_smile:

I would have loved to get a Killzone 2 remaster instead. Not even a full on remake, but I’d be happy with a remaster at 4K60.

It’s a shame what happened with Bend Studio and that game. I’ve enjoyed what I played and really need to get back into it. Only reason I quit is because it was in the early days and there were still a decent amount of bugs I encountered.

1 Like

I think Horizon is on thin ice here. Obviously people loved Zero Dawn and found it to be an exciting new IP, but (and this is just my perception, not a judgment on the quality of the game) it doesn’t seem like the sequel generated nearly as much excitement or engagement.

A lot will hinge on how Horizon 3 is received but flooding the market with spinoffs can’t help. I see Horizon as being on the brink of winding up like Resistance or Infamous, as an IP people got tired of and whose time in the sun is over.

2 Likes

As I have been saying for some time, Horizon IP seems to be unable to penetrate the mass consumer market like TLOU and GoW did. GoT had the benefit of being set in Japan, but Horizon is a just a Ubisoft game with robots.

1 Like

Even the Cult is kind of meh on Horizon, I think that says it all.

1 Like

I think Forbidden West may come to be viewed over time as a big stumble for the brand’s momentum. Horizon needed its Assassin’s Creed 2 moment, and maybe had its Crackdown 2 moment instead.

Prediction time: this Horizon multiplayer project will be the first Sony’s GAAS initiative to fail.

The really crazy thing is how someone at PlayStation thought Horizon VR was going to be a killer app for launching PSVR2. WTF were they thinking?!

Speaking of PSVR2 and recycling recent games. Any chance Gran Turismo 7 gets a PSVR2 update for free?

1 Like

In my opinion, the Horizon franchise is one of the main examples that games cannot be just graphics.

2 Likes