Rumor: Sony is remaking Horizon: Zero Dawn

tbh Days Gone is one of the very few things I agree Sony with. That game doesn’t need a VideoGame sequel. Just continue Story via movies or TV.

If Sony is so concerned about Call of Duty leaving their platform maybe they should invest into similar franchises like I don’t know Killzone instead of remaking a game that’s already playable on the PS5

2 Likes

Ponies: Xbox is just Halo, Gears, Forza

Xbots: PS is just remake, remake, remake

5 Likes

Spiderman-God of War-Horizon

Only they’re not sequels, just remakes of the previous game.

2 Likes

To each their own but I loved Days Gone and was super hyped for the sequel. No interest in the movie because what’s the point when gaming wise, it’s dead?

I mean the audience killed days gone. It wasnt well recieved and only sold high numbers due to going dirt cheap quick and being given away. I doubt it made the money sony wanted. The game was half price within a few months.

Movies can reignite the interest. Maybe a remaster is better than a sequel in this case. They can redo the game snd make it better. And who knows…sequel after that right. Right now with how sony budget their AAA games. Days gone 2 isnt going to be worth it.

There would be far more hype for a killzone or sly cooper sequel than days gone.

I avoided it for years because of the reception… but I’ve been digging what I’ve played thus far. Not a masterpiece by any means, but damn good overall. I also haven’t gotten far enough into the game for it to become repetitive however, which is the one universal critique among people I trust.

Perhaps. It’s just weird Sony cancels/doesn’t green light Days Gone 2 but yet, they’re having a movie made which will probably release 4+ years after the game came out. None of it makes any sense in my opinion.

The biggest issues I had with Days Gone was the frame rate/slowdown (which should be fixed now especially if you’re playing on PS5 or PC) and the very slow start. It takes over 10 hours to really get going.

The repetitive aspect though is something that I believe is in every game. Every game is repetitive. It simply comes down to are you enjoying the gameplay loop to where you’re willing to do it over and over and over again until you complete the game?

I rarely if ever say a game is repetitive because they all are. I can play Division 2 for example and it’s same at 100 hours as it was at 10 hours gameplay wise. To not have a game be repetitive, it would have to change throughout the game. Only game that I played that did this was Nier Automata. Camera is third person, next it’s a 2D platformer, then an overhead twin stick shooter type game, then space ship shooter, etc. But these types of games rarely happen.

Its not just the repetitiveness. It was just the completely overdone and uninspiring theme of the game that put people off. And the ratings didnt help. You cant blame sony for not greenlighting sequel.

Theyll greenlight a ghost of tsushima sequel when that game was arguably more repetetive than anything sony has put out bar uncharted 4. But old japanese setting far more interesting than post apolacyptic zombie.

2 Likes

Why, why………….why……………,………MONEY. Ohhhhh now it makes sense.

I see what’s happening here, they are doing these stupid remasters/remakes to pad out their release schedules to make each year have more games despite being having remakes/remasters. What’s happening is Sony knows they need year round content and they don’t have the studios for that right now to compete with Xbox so they need something they can get out quickly to fill gaps.

If they keep doing this, it’s going to backfire in a bad way. If they release GoW:R this year, then remake GoW 18’ next year and then release GoW next in 2024 this will eventually cause franchise fatigue, especially if they do this to all their franchises.

People thought Halo, Gears and Forza was bad… at least each release of those titles were brand new games not half remakes half new ones. I worry Sony is going down the path of remakes, remasters and sequels. I get it the games and IP are big but if they just do those and nothing new it will in the long run hurt them, I just hope they don’t stop making new IP.

6 Likes

Stupid decision . Jimbo is an idiot .

I don’t know if this is a stupid decision, because it’ll sell.

I do think it is wasting good will, and PR, that is in short supply.

I also think they’re looking at the Nintendo Wii U to Switch route that Nintendo have done, with one big difference being that the Wii U sold twelve units, compared to the hundred million the PS4 did.

I will say that Sony is, this generation, the very definition of the phrase money for old rope… not just with PS4 to PS5 remasters, but PS4 and PS5 games straddling the generation.

@Shpeshal_Nick do you have this list?

2 Likes

Will it sell though? Sony is trying to make Horizon into a big IP but it is just not landing. Does not help that they release these games on unfortunate timing. So I think this remaster - just like Forbidden West - will be heavily bundled to push the sales numbers.

5 Likes

Well, I don’t know if it will, this i true, but I expect that those looking for a “PS5 level” experience will eat it up.

When did “remaster” become the go to word for a “port”, though! :smiley:

:joy: whaaaaaat ?

This very much reminds me of the PS3 era where Sony ended up porting tons of their PS2 catalogue to pad out their release schedule.

And the Xbox 360 was just backwards compatible (50% anyways)

Sometimes I wish Microsoft would sell their multiplayer modes and expansions as seperate games like Sony does just to see Jim squirm. It would be an endless barrage.

1 Like

You know that Sony was supporting compatibility of the ps2 natively on PlayStation 3 hardware! But they cancel after launch removed this model in order to provide them with remastered copies to cover the 600 usd price losses

Evergreen post.

PlayStation has an ip problem.

1 Like