Rumor: Sony is remaking Horizon: Zero Dawn

3 Likes

Really hope not. Absolutely no need.

2 Likes

And it seems it also has multiplayer. Guess another one of GaaS games.

1 Like

Absolutely not necessary, just like The Last of Us. And it’s probably true. Wouldn’t even shock me.

2 Likes

First party problem money can’t fix.

7 Likes

So many dead franchises like infamous or jak or sly. But horizon :expressionless:. Lol.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Easy money $$$ !

Not surprising at all. It makes sense for Sony right now.

Horizon MP game is interesting too. They really are investing in MP games from big studios.

1 Like

remasterstation5

6 Likes

you gave em an inch and take take a mile i guess. wouldnt be surprised if Sony is developing the multiplayer aspect of GoW and Spidey as we speak.

3 Likes

I am personally curioous how all these GaaS games will do on Playstation. Factions, Horizon…

Sony is trying to make Horizon a thing, but it seems like IP is unable too make dent.

2 Likes

Whenever this comes out, there must be an amazing game around it. Maybe it’s coming few days before Zelda.

4 Likes

Are they doing a Horizon show or something? Only way this could make any sense to me (and even then, it doesn’t make much)

There is a netflix show coming.

2 Likes

I just don’t understand why they can’t release a free PS5 update and instead want to charge $70 to remake a game that isn’t even that old. Imagine Zelda: BoTW, which released at the same time, getting remade right now. I bet you can’t.

Meanwhile Microsoft enhances games that released eons ago on super old hardware to now be 60+ FPS and 4K (many that were never experienced like this due to not being on PC), that even hold up amazingly well due to artstyle, for free.

It’s baffling.

5 Likes

They are looking for any means to generate cash. ctrlf+replacing assets for a previously released game is almost asset flipping! The multiplayer “game” …presumably this is something cut from Forbidden West…they cannot seriously be thinking of selling it seperately could they?

2 Likes

Sony has changed the definition of Glorified Remaster to Remake. Changing lighting/textures/models cannot be called as a remake.

Its basically they are just replacing parts which were already available during the development as every game has, change a bit here and change a bit there and Voila a remake.

Plush a brand new Shiny 70 dollar price tag.

Looks like Sony doesn’t have a lot in the pipeline or things are not going according to plans.

7 Likes

Because you can’t sell it. You can’t get $$$ from free.

4 Likes

Premium Games™.

They can be remastermade forever, it is easy to sell mandated material to a cult.

7 Likes

Sony this gen has been like a car crash in slow motion. They are still making money though I guess.

2 Likes