Rumor: Amazon set to buy Electronic Arts UPDATE: Nevermind

The sad thing is, a lot of people don’t listen until things change right before their eyes.

Although I think it’s safe to say Google isn’t much to worry about on the gaming front anymore.

In that case Phil doesn’t need to see them as a threat. But that’s assuming the games indeed stay multiplatform.

Unless MS was planning to go for EA after ABK, lol.

Any rumors of an acquisition or a purchase of studios that Microsoft is not involved with, some users on this forum conclude that Microsoft “is overdue”. This is hilarious Lmaoooo

The threat is a threat to Game Pass and Cloud, not console.

6 Likes

I think it’s more so the long term services play rather than full out exclusivity.

EA games might be exclusively tied to the Luna service, but still available a la carte for everything else.

2 Likes

Man the Seattle area will have so much gaming

That’s why we wanted Microsoft to look at EA after ABK. It’s going to be a big loss for the GP. Sports games are a considerable lever for this type of service. Amazon may well quickly impose its subscription service if it becomes so aggressive. What worries me more is that Amazon hasn’t done anything right in gaming and risks pushing EA to the dark side. I’m curious to know the reaction of EA, the CEO obviously wanted the company to maintain its independence, which seems impossible to me with Amazon. What a pity that Microsoft has its hands tied with ABK.

1 Like

Yes but no

Microsoft wants Xbox cloud gaming and cloud gaming developer tools to increase the profile of azure against AWS because in tech the cloud usage is really ducking valuable

So Xbox is doing it’s thing and azure is rising in prominence and Amazon is gonna try doing the same shit with Luna to protect their lead

Microsoft wasn’t planning on doing EA but now a media tech conglomerate could be entering we might see MS re evaluate the worth of an integrated WBD into MS proper with the media streaming again used to raise the profile of azure in the cloud usage metrics

1 Like
3 Likes

Would be so funny if you say this than like 3 month later Google buy Take 2 for 40 billion lol

1 Like

It’s worth remembering Microsoft’s goal for game pass will always have been to build up their first party to be strong enough to mostly carry it on their own. Third party deals were always going to be just a way to cover till they reached that stage. EA Play was never gonna last forever (Though I don’t personally see Amazon pulling it till they are seriously ready to make a bigger move on their own service and that could take a while). Let’s not forget though Activision will soon be joining that first party roster and include a massive drop of content onto game pass.

WHEW what a tense 17 minutes in satyas morning board room

WTF damn these fake news

All this for nothing

1 Like

Thank God. That would have been terrible news.

Ok from now on unless the source is from some big news agency or fully trusted insider people please don’t post lol

1 Like

Lol CNBC having a good laugh at the source:

1 Like

Good because MS will buy them after Activision cloaes

1 Like

Shame.

Absolutely! But Google acted like the Zenimax deal was a killing blow to Stadia.

Can you imagine ABK followed up by EA being bought by two of their biggest competitors?:joy: