Rumor: Amazon set to buy Electronic Arts UPDATE: Nevermind

Maybe ill regret this but im weirdly okay with these buyouts if it leads to more games on services.

It may hasten it, but I’m guessing that was always going to be the case.

Edit: To be honest the price is so low it won’t bother me too much if it does get separated out again. As long as they don’t remove the service from Xbox and PS.

Just means ms needs to replace that lost value with something else.

1 Like

This gen really does seem like the consolidation era. I think this is why after AKB is done Microsoft is not letting their foot go off the gas pedal

1 Like

Hope the EA|Gamepass deal was a long one. EA+ does a lot of heavy lifting for the service.

2 Likes

I dont think Microsoft has a choice now. ABK games must be exclusive.

I wonder what this is going to mean for future EA games coming to Xbox, PS and Switch.

Also, Didn’t they buy Iron Galaxy too and didn’t do shit with them?

BUT WHAT IF I WANT TO FEEL THE NEED TO BE ABLE TO HAVE A SINGULAR LAUNCHER / SERVICE BECAUSE MY CONSERVATIVE MIND WILLS IT!!

WHAT OF USSSSSSS :fist::fist::fist::fist::fist:

What do you mean by that ?

I think you mixed up Iron Galaxy with Double Helix.

1 Like

Single players games yes, while massive multiplayer games like COD no.

wow…

I feel the end is near for a lot of EA Studios. Basically I see Amazon churning Fifa sequels and turning Battlefield into a mobile game. This is the worst outcome and honestly…its gonna be funny in a nihilistic way.

(9) My Way (2008 Remastered) - YouTube

What does this change? Lol

1 Like

Hey! Catastrophists!

This hasn’t happened yet!

It could happen or it couldn’t !

And then the games could be exclusive to Luna or they couldn’t !

Bezos could decide to pull a musk and drop this tomorrow :man_shrugging:

Let’s wait for the actual pulling of products from platforms before jumping to conclusions ok :+1:

1 Like

And people wonder why Xbox sees them as a threat.

I really hope that deal last for the gen because losing EA games on that service is a big loss. No way Amazon allows EA play stay on service especially since they have their own cloud platform.

Well, Amazon has their own streaming service or will have one soon? Will they keep EA games multiplatform or will it all become Amazon only? Because that would be very, very fucked up.

Yes! My bad.

If any of this is true of course, obviously.

I doubt Amazon is looking to be in the exclusive business.

It’s way too late for them to make an indent in the console gaming sphere.

Will be fun to see how this turns out lol.

Regardless if this purchase happens or not, I expect to see EA be bought before this generation ends.

1 Like

The deal(if true and goes through) will take 12-18 months. Hopefully by then they have closed ABK and the previously acquired studios are producing so it shouldn’t be much of a loss