Rumor: Amazon set to buy Electronic Arts UPDATE: Nevermind

Microsoft has cited Google and Amazon as their main competitors. If they put ABK games on other consoles, those only going to hobble gamepass uptake. With EA under Amazons wing, they will need to fight tooth and claw.

A lot of you have some very strange views on these acquisitions.

1 Like

I stick to the prediction that anything that has been released will be available, contractual obligations will be fullfilled. Everything (including COD) will go exclusive.

2 Likes

You genuinely think so?

A lot of people - not me - think that way. I donā€™t think though and my stance on that is well known.

Source 1 : ā€œAmazon is buying EA todayā€

Source 2 : ā€œthey didnā€™t even bidā€

Someone had fun

Someone is leaking from the EA camp

Someone is leaking from the Amazon camp

EA shares jumped 15% on the news

Thereā€™s blood in them waters

Canā€™t wait to hear the Iron Lords talk about this.

ā€œItā€™s wild in these streets!ā€

1 Like

Wonder if any government organizations(SEC most likely) go after Kirk McLean for the story? The stock went up quite a bit on the news and they do have legislation to deal with this.

I do find it funny that many people diminish EA but you have to remember they are the next biggest independent publisher behind Activision Blizzard for good reason.

In the NPD top selling games for 2021 EA was:

• 3rd with Madden
  • 5th with Battlefield 2042
  • 12th with FIFA

2020:

• 4th with Madden
  • 15th with FIFA

2019:

• 3rd with Madden
  • 6th with Star Wars Jedi
  • 14th with FIFA

If someone like Amazon got their hands on them, it would have a massive impact on GamePass. The games would likely stay multi-platform but I can guarantee they would become exclusive to Luna (in terms of subscription services).

Thereā€™s a reason MS have tried to buy EA multiple times before.

They also have the 7th, 11th, 16th and 17th top selling game franchises of all time.

4 Likes

So, did someone try to manipulate EAs stock? But i see no real big movements.

Fully agree with you my friend.

Could have been for a pump and dump with the earlier spike before bs was called

Stop stealing my prediction!!! lol /s

Joking aside, if Microsoft canā€™t get EA, im hoping that itā€™s Disney even though I donā€™t see that happening sadly. I wonder who will get EA because it seems more and more likely that they will sell. Itā€™s simply a question of who?

I wonder if there is an optioon where EA CEO stays as it seems like really wants that. I donā€™t think it is gonna be Tencent and considering CEOā€™s desire to push more into media the possibility of big tech giants is not zero. But for example Comcast failed merge was a surprise. I also donā€™t believe that it can be Sony.

but i only saw a 1% ā€˜spikeā€™. am i looking at the wrong data?

How was the trading volume, was it any higher than normal? If not, then itā€™s really hard to see it as a pump-n-dump.

Wasnā€™t it 10%?

The graph showed after hours trading, which can be crazy for all sorts of reasons. The close was 127.61 and open at 133, for a 4.33% ā€œjumpā€. Weā€™ve seen larger jumps on other stocks for nearly no reason at all other than following the trend of all stocks for the day. Iā€™m not saying this 4.2% brief jump was NOT related to the rumor, just that higher jumps for no reasons exists.

1 Like

Agreed. I do think that if it was to be Amazon, outside of the sports games, I would think that they would make their games exclusive to Luna once contracted games are wrapped up.