Review | Sniper Elite 5

Hilarious and something I didn’t know I wanted. Hitler survived the war, embraced Communism, and joined whatever side the U.S. was fighting for the next couple of decades.

1 Like

Jackfrags having some fun with invasions

1 Like

Finding level 2 to be very difficult. Too many nazis in the mansion for me to be able to access any room without being spotted.

I’m on the super easy difficulty as well, as a total noob to the series, and there are just too many red triangles in the house on the radar. Every single second someone spots me. Ah well, I got 3 hours of play on the first level. Not too keen on the gameplay loop in the second, feels like I need much more of a tutorial as to how to avoid being detected maybe.

Run and gun is the way forward methinks.

1 Like

Yeah, that level is super hard to do entirely stealth. I tried a lot harder my second time through and still ended up getting chased in the manor.

1 Like

For the second mission I managed to do it full stealth by:

Going to the far right of the Manor, going north of it and crossing over to the far north and heading down after crossing north of the courtyard at the back. In the building went upto the second floor and dropped through a hole in the ground into the office

2 Likes

I came close to doing it, just screwed up once I was inside after dropping a chandalier by shooting it instead of release, and then not hiding fast enough. Helps if you take your time picking off people before you get close, too.

1 Like

Just starred the game for the first time and I’m already encountering bugs that halt my progress completely.

It’s the very first mission. I take out the two soldiers with the sniper rifle, then once on the beach there should be a enemy but there isn’t. I move past this part and to the locked door. The game tells me about how officers carry keys. I don’t see any officer.

Restarted the mission and now they are there.

1 Like

Odd.

Don’t let that put you off.

1 Like

It happened to someone else here.

Just restart.

Edit : Did you search the bodies ?

1 Like

I always do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just finished the game and enjoyed it a lot. Good graphics, smooth gameplay and most important, it is fun to play. Lots of fun things to do and different ways to revisit the levels with solid replayability. Each level took about 2+ hs to finish, except the last one. Ended buying the dlc, which was alright, with the gamepass discount. Very well made game, good addition to gamepass, that saved the day again, otherwise I wouldn’t he buying it for the full price.

3 Likes

Just finished the second mission. And am loving this game. Feels right at home and I was a little rusty during the first mission but now I think I have everything sussed out.

Love this series

3 Likes

I don’t know how many people I ended up sniping before crossing into town, but my stats at the end are 144 kills and 301 minutes. I left with 10 tagged enemies still alive, and probably some more I never encountered, but I was ready to move on.

I’m now on the fourth level, and am taking the same approach. Currently I’ve spent 45 minutes sniping everyone I can see in the factory, but I think I’m about ready to move in. Now I just have to decide whether to zip across or take the dam.

Love this game. I suspect it’ll be my favourite in the series by the time I’m finished.

2 Likes

That is how I play too. Love it.

2 Likes

Going through my second playthrough, and I’m taking a lot less time at the moment, more like 2 hours or so per level instead of more like your 300 minutes for some. Started to encounter some more bugs (like grenade / panzerfaust / flare path not showing, enemies moonwalking in place, massive traffic pileups that definitely aren’t supposed to be happening) but the game is still really fun. Didn’t get the DLC mission at the moment because I’m curious what other campaign missions they’re planning to release and because I’ll probably wait & try to get the pass on sale at some point instead.

2 Likes

Reached mission 7 now after stopping for a while. Basically this game is mechanically lite-MGSV but with even a better structure imo. I just think I prefer this focused individual big open field missions over MGSV’s not-so-good open world structure. So what I’m saying is, if somehow SE5 had MGSV mechanics and AI it would be a 10/10 for me. Very impressed with it. It’s very much an infiltration sandbox, I think its title is actually misleading because you can definitely play it with minimal to no “sniping” like I’m doing lol

4 Likes

Holy shit I just found out that flare guns call artillery strikes on the area you shoot at, I finished the game not knowing this, only found out now while replaying a mission lmao

3 Likes

I have only found 3 in 40 hours of play.

I may have found more than 3 total, but there don’t seem to be many. I did like them better in the 4th game where you could pick them up from an enemy spotter and keep it in your tools until you wanted to use it instead of it becoming your active gun, but it’s definitely cool to use.

1 Like