Review | Sniper Elite 5

After a bit of a break, summer activities and whatnot, I’m back at it with this game.

Just started the last mission, Rubble and Ruin, and let me just say, this level is breathtaking. Just the ambiance created by the smoke, darkness, bombed out buildings, and atmospheric music is enough to make you realize you’re playing something special.

But then when you reach the trees on fire, with glowing embers blowing in the wind… Hands down the most beautiful game I’ve played this year.

3 Likes

Yeah I was surprised by the game in that regard, performance and image quality aside.

1 Like

Cool just found one on mission 8

1 Like

Was reading the patch notes from the end of June last night, saw they fixed the bug with the flare guns that affected your movement. That should make them a lot better than when it first came out, but yeah that weapon has always been cool. In Sniper Elite 4 you could do an alt fire on it to target a bit more dispersed area, I used it in one of the dlcs to take out 2 vehicles and most of a squad :smirk:.

So just decided to replay the 5th mission as apparently I had somehow not managed to unlock the one thing for getting someone to fall off a ledge into concrete (even though I definitely did that before). Threw a lure to distract him, and it kinda worked but then he heard me and came to investigate anyway. Threw another bottle and it hit him in the face just after he saw me, let me run away and hide, he fell in. Then I went to retrieve someone I had knocked unconscious so I could hide them and accidentally dropped them into some deep water and they drowned. I love some of the little stuff like this, just fun.

2 Likes

On the one hand, having just finished the last mission yesterday, this arrived with perfect timing. But on the other, all told it took me 72 hours to finish the game, so I’m not sure I’m all that keen to dive back into it so soon.

1 Like

Just written my review for that. Coming soon.

3 Likes