Redfall Discussion Thread

Official Website

What is Redfall?

“Redfall is an open-world co-op FPS from Arkane Austin, the award-winning team behind Prey and Dishonored. Continuing Arkane’s legacy of carefully crafted worlds and love of creative game mechanics, Redfall brings the studio’s signature gameplay to the co-operative action and FPS genres.”

“The quaint island town of Redfall, Massachusetts, is under siege by a legion of vampires who have blocked out the sun and cut the island off from the outside world. Trapped with a handful of survivors against diabolical enemies threatening to bleed the town dry, choose your hero from a diverse roster, grouping up with others to create the perfect team of vampire slayers.”

4 Unique Characters

Devinder

Devinder Crousley is a cryptozoologist and aspiring inventor. His recent book tour landed him in Redfall, just before it went dark. After years of struggling to create cutting-edge tech to hunt supernatural phenomena, everything is finally starting to click. In Redfall, monsters are real and his inventions work. As he puts them to use fighting vampires, he documents every step of the way. If he gets out of this alive, he’ll have all of the validation he needs.

Illustration_Layla_Copy

Layla Ellison moved to Redfall from Wisconsin. She studied biomedical engineering at Redfall Technical University and volunteered for a medical trial at the ominous Aevum Therapeutics research facility, where apparently something went very wrong, leaving her with intense telekinetic abilities.

Illustration_Remi

Remi De La Rosa is a combat engineer, and a brilliant one at that. She’s lived her life on the frontlines of conflict, using her brilliant mind to protect her loved ones and help those in need around the world as part of an elite Navy rescue unit. With the help of her robot cohort, she’s determined to help rescue Redfall’s survivors and eliminate any enemies that stand in her way.

Illustration_Jacob

Jacob is an ex-military sharpshooter, sent in to Redfall just before the sun darkened as part of an elite private security force. Dark circumstances separated him from his platoon, forcing him down a rogue path. Now he stalks the streets of Redfall, neutralizing evil from the shadows with supernatural precision. Look for a mysterious, ragged raven circling overhead—you may not see him, but Jacob will be nearby.

Supposed Leaked Screenshots of Test Build

20220115_094554 20220115_094556 20220115_094558 20220115_094602 20220115_094611 20220115_094614 20220115_094616 20220115_094618 20220115_094647 20220115_094650 20220115_094653

12 Likes

I’m intrigued by the Ghost tours tweet, I think the location might be a pretty haunted area and we could see Ghosts in game.

Project Omen theorizing > Redfall reveal

Throwing this hot take here

5 Likes

Can a mod change the title to Redfall argument thread plz thx

2 Likes

My hope for Redfall is that there is a deep story and lots of lore. I absolutely love what we’ve heard about the background of the game and want to immerse myself in the universe.

4 Likes

This must be a pretty beefy game by how long Arkane has been working on this. I feel like most looter-shooters stumble out the gate due to a lack of content.

2 Likes

This game hinges solely on how it is to play alone for me. I don’t want “playable” solo, I want “enjoyable” solo.

15 Likes

My predictions for Redfall is that it will feel much less like previous Arkane games (I might not like it), it will review well (85), and be their biggest commercial success and their other games won’t even be close.

2 Likes

Pretty much.

1 Like

I have no idea what to expect from this game, but looking forward to it lol. I enjoyed Borderlands, so if it is anything like that then I’m good.

And yeah, I’ll be playing solo so it needs to be a good solo experience.

1 Like

Well they key to enjoying Borderlands is that its enjoyable solo and not playable solo as @Mort phrased it.

2 Likes

Ok, I see weapons and some stats, but what about abilities? I want to find out more for each character what is in their kit, cooldowns and possible skilltree.

4 Likes

I expect it to be like The Outer Worlds, not in terms of budget, or thematically or gameplay wise, but in terms of reception. It will be really well received by most people and most critics, but they’ll be pockets of detractors, including famous YouTube personalities, who will loudly criticize, call it overrated or disappointing and forever lament that it wasn’t a different game.

It will be the Arkane title that really puts them on the map because IMO despite the critical acclaim, Deathloop didn’t do so.

3 Likes

I really thought people liked Dishonored, is Dishonored really that under the radar?

People do, It’s just not a huge commercial success, so probably not enough. Immersive sim is a niche psuedo-genre no matter how excellent the games.

1 Like

Hopefully game pass fixes this problem

I don’t think that it will fix it per se, what will do it is creating a title like Redfall that looks at first glance like a game that will appeal to exponentially more people than any of their other games, even if it alienates some of their long time fans.

If Deathloop was on Xbox Game Pass day 1 via a multiplatform release it would’ve been a Game Pass hit. the game scored 10s all across the board and holds a really solid metacritic score.

5 Likes

I pretty much ignored all of those games pre-Game Pass, so I think it will help at least some.

It’s not that I don’t think that Game Pass will get maybe millions of more people to play their games, I’m just talking about them making a game that changes the thought process of most people from, “I’ll give this a try” to “I’m there day one”