Quick Resume compatible games thread

Dishonored and Hitman work

I have not been using Quick Resume since I suspected it was messing up the achievements in Valhalla. Today I decided to try it again. I had suspended FIFA 21 earlier today to play Call of Duty. When I came back to FIFA hours later, the Quick Resume icon showed up, but the screen was all black and the game crashed. I managed to close the game, but then my Xbox crashed and shut itself off.

At least when I turned it back on Quick Resume worked with Modern Warfare, so thereā€™s that :man_shrugging:

How exactly does Quick Resume work? Is it automatic or is there an on/off option to enable/disable it? Thanks.

Itā€™s automatic. The last eight games youā€™ve been playing will load instantly back up to the second you switched games. Exceptions are if you manually exit a game, obviously it would have nowhere to reboot to, and the one or two games which still have it turned off like WatchDogs.

If you start to play a ninth game, the first game you played will ā€œdrop offā€ and no longer be quick resumable

Does Quick Resume work if you only play one game at a time? Or does it have to be multiple games? Thanks.

Yes, but that has been the case since the Xbox One. Any game youā€™re playing on a One, One X or new gen machine will load up instantly where you left off, unless it is an online lobby type game (Battlefront 2 for example) as obviously your match will have finished.

The difference with Quick Resume is that it can be done on more than one game. So if, like me, you always have a football game and a wrestling game you like to switch to between larger story based games, you donā€™t need to spend ten minutes booting up and loading games, theyā€™re just there.

Okay, cool. It will be great to be able to ā€œpauseā€ the game and resume each time I have a play session. Thanks.

1 Like

Interesting. What i wonder is how does MS update this when we havenā€™t had a system update yet? Or is it Insider only?

I have had next to no luck with Quick resume, seems Iā€™m not even triggering it correctly. What I will typically do is hit the guide button during a game to go back tot he dashboard to launch another game.

Iā€™ve had the Series X since launch and Iā€™ve seen the quick resume icon once during that time.

MS needs to really refines this to make it more predictable and also allow you to pull up a list of games currently in quick resume mode on your console.

Thatā€™ll trigger it. Its just the turned it off for lots of games. I donā€™t see it working for Valhalla (it wasnā€™t on Saturday at least - I will try again today) but it did work at launch.

I want MS to allow me to quit a game and QR - as an option on the home button.

Iā€™m 20 hours into YLAD, been using QR the whole time. No problems with any achievements. Seems as if they learned from their mistakes.

Play with confidence! The game works great!

Games that Iā€™ve tested that support Quick Resume:

• Halo Wars DE
  • ReCore DE
  • Halo MCC
  • New Super Luckyā€™s Tale
  • Rocket League
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Games that donā€™t work with quick resume that I tested

Gears 5

Sorry that you guys seem to be having issues with QR. Iā€™ve been bouncing seamlessly between Yakuza Like a Dragon, Titanfall 2 (multiplayer), Forza Motorsport 7, and some Tetris Effect. Gears Tactics, too. Still blown away by QR every time that icon pops up.

That said, Iā€™ve made a point of avoiding what I understand are the three big games not currently working with QR - AC Valhalla, Gears 5, and FH4.

Thatā€™s strange because Gears 5 worked when I left it on quick resume but Assassins Creed Valhalla doesnā€™t. And Assassins creed is the game Iā€™m playing the most now which irks me that it doesnā€™t quick resume. Horizon 4 and Gears Tactics have been perfect for me with quick resume.

CrossCodeā€™s Gen9Native version doesnā€™t work with QR. I suspect that as of writing, MS may have disabled QR for all Gen9Native games until they can work things out to ensure that it always works (havenā€™t extensively tested this so I may be wrong tho)

It worked for a few days at launch for ACV then was disabled. To my knowledge it still works for Tetris effectā€¦

Only games that donā€™t work for me are Valhalla and WatchDogs. All others including Gears 5, Forza Horizon 4 which now work, and seemingly all games with no ā€˜upgradeā€™ are now working fine.

Also working: -GR Wildlands -PES2021 -Ori 2 -Far Cry 5 -AC Odyssey -Forza 7 -WWE -Jedi FO -Kingdom Hearts 3 -Rise of Tomb Raider -Final Fantasy 15

My friend tells me Yakuza LAD doesnā€™t work with QR.

Been playing YLAD for two weeks now, QR works flawlessly. Been hopping between it and Titanfall 2, Forza 7, and othersā€¦all without problems.

So, either my experience is a fluke, or your friendā€™s is. :laughing:

If you have a persistent QR state it will work even if itā€™s been turned off. If you lose your QR state you will find you suddenly canā€™t QR anymore if Xbox have turned it off, if that makes sense.

Iā€™ve not checked with him for over a week, my Yakuza info is probably just out of date