Quick Resume compatible games thread

This thread is to make a list of compatible Quick Resume games and games that dont work with it. I will update the list based on reports in this thread and elseware.

Games Working With Quick Resume

• GTA4
  • Star Wars Fallen Order
  • Planet Coaster
  • Darksiders 3
  • Gears Tactics
  • Ori 2
  • Witcher 3
  • AC: Valhalla (inconsistent functionality)
  • Doom 2016
  • Doom eternal
  • Wolf 2
  • The messager
  • Jedi Academy
  • Tetris
  • The falconeer
  • Red dead 2
  • Bright Memory

Games Not Working With Quick Resume

• Gears 5
  • Warzone
  • Minecraft
  • FH4
  • Boarderlands 3
  • Lost odyssey
  • FF 12
  • Ion fury
  • The Falconeer
5 Likes

Great idea!

Planet Coaster works with Quick Resume

1 Like

Minecraft does not seem to work

A real shame because that game is in constant rotation in my family :frowning:

1 Like

Weird thread, every game will work with Quick Resume, its a platform feature.

There are a few that Xbox has identified and will issue a fix for it in a system update.

Otherwise this thread is kind of pointless as in a month or so every game has Quick Resume

Weird thread?

I made it because some games dont work with it… so now we can know if its a unique case or if the game is unsupported. It would be quite hilarious if you’re insinuating im trying smear the seriesX, look at my post history dude :laughing:

If there is an official list could you link it, thanks.

I’m not insinuating anything, its just a useless thread when you realize that Quick Resume is a platform feature, not a game feature.

https://twitter.com/jronald/status/1325860948247105536?s=20

Are you going to make a list of 1000s of games that work and a list of maybe 10 or so games that don’t work until there is an update?

It makes sense to have a list if the ratio wasn’t so skewed and that it was a case by case basis for each game.

1 Like

Of course games are supported , otherwise there would not be games that dont support the feature. Its useful to know what games dont work so people know its not a unique glitch. This is not hard to understand.

Yeah, Minecraft doesn’t work for me either. Don’t think it works for Forza Horizon 4 as well. Hope these get fixed soon.

1 Like

Wolfenstein 2 work. Doom eternal work. Doom 2016 work. Tetris effect connected work.

It’s more important to know which games don’t work. But I think that’s a good idea.

It’s mixed for me. Yesterday was great with Darksiders 3, Gears Tactics and Ori 2. Later in the evening also AC Valhalla worked, but now for some reason I get a black screen when I try to QR back into it. So…

Darksiders 3

Gears Tactics

Ori 2

Witcher 3

All work. ACV for some reason hit or miss.

Really hope MS builds a option that let’s you see which games are in QR. Just now I found out Darksiders 3 was still in it. Great! But it would be good to see it.

ACV worked for me every time. Watch dogs does not work.

1 Like

Hi friends, there is a Tweet addressing this. Can’t find it yet. Quick Resume is a system feature however they disabled some games temporarily due to some glitches they’re trying to work out. My impression was that it should work for everything once they solve it. If anyone has seen that Tweet, would appreciate posting it here.

Thread can stand however I believe it needs to be re-titled once we have all the info. This should be a temporary issue.

Whatever the majority think is best.

Quick resume never works for me. Is it because I quit games after playing?

When in a game, just switch to another one via the Xbox button. No need to quit your games.

1 Like

Borderlands 3, Final Fantasy 12 and Lost Odyssey don’t seem to have quick resume for me.

JFO is pretty slow in comparison to other games I’ve loaded from the Internal Drive. It isn’t a cold boot, but it isn’t great. Especially if you die and respawn

The Messenger and Jedi Academy (OG Xbox) both work for me, though I had Messenger bug out once and had to relaunch/reload my game. But that’s like a 10 second process now lol.

I quick resumed from rocket Arena back into AC Valhalla and back into Rocket Arena again.

Nice.

I found JFO to be a bit inconsistent when respawning, somtimes it like 8 seconds and like 2/10 times its feels like 25secs, still great though.JFO is like a launch game for me feels and looks great at 60fps