Psychonauts 2 Review Thread

lmfao eatin good :drooling_face: :fork_and_knife:

3 Likes

I hope psychonauts 3 releases faster than the second one, the time between the first and the second one was insane (but worthy).

Playstation Exec praising Psychonauts 2, wholesome. This how it should be

The fact that he even has the final build of the game should let you know all this console war bs is bullshit, and there are people at all of these companies who play each otherā€™s games and enjoy them.

6 Likes

Wow, absolutely stellar reviews. Better than I expected tbh. Canā€™t wait to try it.

1 Like

Perfect guy to review a 2005 follow upā€¦

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gamesradar.com/amp/will-double-fine-make-psychonauts-3/

What I read a while ago must have been a rumor that 2 would be the last one.

Especially when itā€™s so well received as it is! Itā€™s very likely weā€™ll first get a different game by them, a multiplayer game, but who knows after that!

8 Likes

Oh this is an awesome surprise to see this morning! Great job XboxEra and @Klobrille !!

9 Likes

even if it is multiplayer, Double Fine would surely make something very much creative from it compared to some live service bs that has plagued the industry now. Just check out some of their game jam devlogs on their channel and youā€™ll see so much creativity and fun even in some of the multiplayer ideas and prototypes they have. Think Nintendo and how they did Arms, Splatoon, Smash, etc but with online infrastructure that are two decades ahead of them lol

1 Like

Great to excellent reviews for Psychonauts 2. Congratulations to Double Fine Productions!!!

1 Like

The @Klobrille review for XboxEra was the only one that I read/watched so as to avoid spoilers or seeing too much before I play, well done to you guys!

5 Likes

I am immensely happy for Double Fine now that they have financial security, delivered a great game and available in Gamepass. It will daddy slap in the face all the naysayers about MS acquisitions ruining studios & ā€œGamepass foddersā€ arguments.

@Staffy Thanks for the news. Of course I want a Psychonauts 3ā€¦And a new IP if possible but as crazy as their previous games.

2 Likes

XGS kinda on a hot streak huh

I think this game has a fairly good chance of winning goty.
It breaks the mold, has personality and itā€™s extremely polished, I think it has all the makings of a GOTY.

2 Likes

He worked at DF and then let go after MS acquisition because he was the guy in charge of publishing.

Console war is BS indeed, but I assure many moves are targeted to that end, expecially Sony ones.

It almost seems when devs do not make ass ports the consoles are capable, lol.

1 Like

10/10

3 Likes

bro what the fuck are you even talking about

11 Likes

ooooooh I didnā€™t know he was at DF before, thanks. That makes a lot of sense!

I tried playing the original game but it felt a little outdated for me personally. Iā€™ll definitely be giving this one a go though. Reviews are great.

c47b2e6c8d73785210c52ef81ec3259d

3 Likes