Psychonauts 2 Review Thread

Congrats to Double Fine! What a mighty achievement by Tim Schafer & team!

Also thanks for the nice words on my guest review :slight_smile:

31 Likes

Currently 89 on Opencritic.

Have any reviews mentioned anything about how Auto HDR is in this or nothing on that?

You could ask Klobrille :wink:

Hey, @Klobrille , is there auto-HDR in the game?

1 Like

Are you here just to troll people as much as you can, until they ban you?

1 Like

Beat the first game last week and love it, canā€™t wait to try this out.

1 Like

Canā€™t believe it ended up with a higher score than Ratchet. Oh how I wish to go back in time and show a screenshot of this to some peopleā€¦

9 Likes

It was great having you on the team, and the review is as lovely as I expected (the words, not just the game).

5 Likes

It uses a game native HDR solution. It looks great!

9 Likes

I canā€¦ itā€™s going to be happening a lot more than a certain group would like to admit.

9 Likes

Thanks!

@Staffy

1 Like

Fun times ahead. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Best reviewed game of 2021 on OC, wow!

2 Likes

Amazing to see all that hard work has paid off for the team.

They would have known they had made something special but it must be nice to see people confirming what you already suspect.

1 Like

Glad it has gotten good reviews, most of the time I do not give a flip about reviews especially if the game is on gamepass but I hope though reviews like this give Xbox first party the word of mouth boost they need to shake negative narratives that surround Xbox 1st party games.

1 Like

Oh wow, thatā€™s even more surprising. I thought it was auto HDR. We even had a bunch of commotion about it from PS players because seemingly that version doesnā€™t have HDR, but the commotion was ridiculous since it was auto HDR on Xbox.

So maybe HDR on PS after all, too?

Interesting!

Thanks brother!

1 Like

Nice. I was not expecting such high scores.

Xbox are on :fire:

Awesome reviews

Kinda off topic but I wonder if it will have a decent speedrunning community, game looks like it has some cool movement abilities/mechanics that could lead to some great runs

Double Fine always was an amazing studio. Now that they have MS budget I can see their games constantly getting around 90 on Opencritic.

2 Likes

See, there was a reason I was telling people not to sleep on this game. I knew it would review amazingly. So excited to try it out in a few days.

3 Likes