Psychonauts 2 |OT| From the great minds at Double Fine

It is “a tad softer” I would agree with, but for my personal tastes I would rather the extra frames and reduced input latency because it still looks amazing and never seems “blurry” to me or anything.

1 Like

That’s awesome. I will start with the game as soon as I can and then check it out. 120fps for me hasn’t been a big thing yet so I can see myself opting for 60fps, but we will see.

With Tales of Arise demo it was really noticeable. Not really when it came to the characters but the grass was definitely softer, didn’t look as crisp. But sadly the visuals mode isn’t 100% smooth in there.

Seeing the game running on my sisters Series S after seeing it just running on my Series X and damn the game looks impressive.

5 Likes

Played about an hour and the game is already blowing me away with how creative and pretty it is, lol.

4 Likes

It looks super clean on the Series X and it really makes the art style ‘pop.’

2 Likes

What a fantastic game, played a couple hrs and it’s so incredibly well polished and designed.

2 Likes

Finished up the game and it’s for sure my goty

This is a great game! Wow.

1 Like

How long?

This is the kind of polish and presentation I expect from all xbox games tbh.

6 Likes

a little under 15 hours. note: not 100% completion

Yes, makes all the difference with first impressions too. This feels so good to play, looks amazing and is very fun.

1 Like

I mean this might be the case going forward. We hope so. More games of this quality and less of Crackdown 3.

One of the best and most fun games I played for ages. This is awesome

1 Like

Once again I have managed to confuse myself & miss the release date of a good looking game. I’ve had Psychonauts pre-loaded & ready to go for ages but somehow got it in my head that the release date was tomorrow, the 27th.

This is not the first time I’ve done something like this.

Idiot Muppet GIF by Social Pip

So anyway, I see you guys think the game lives up to the hype? Good stuff. I’ll start playing tonight!

1 Like

Just finished it. Probably my GOTY. It is Psychonauts through and through. Inventive, big and a great looker. Great story.

The only one thing I will say is I still prefer the original, but that is a massive bar to overcome. This one is far more polished and refined, I just connected with the level themes of the first a bit more personally.

Still, this is a fantastic game and I hope it does well this GOTY season.

3 Likes

This may sound hyperbolic but you can see the level of polish from the start menu, I was planning to play a little yesterday night and ended up playing two and a half hours. Game looks and plays amazingly well on the One X and even at 30fps the controls felt really good and responsive. Really impressive work from Double Fine! can’t wait to play more tonight! :partying_face:

1 Like

The first boss is amazing. Like, come on, it was supposed to be cut ??

It’s so well crafted and animated. I’ve never been drawn in by a game like that in a very long time.

5 Likes

Just started playing it and I immediately notice the awesome looking cutscenes, it’s just lovely to see the huge visual leap over the first one. And the whole vibe right from the start, already liking it. Just like the first game you can talk to NPCs and I just love that.

7 Likes

CUTE

4 Likes