Psychonauts 2 |OT| From the great minds at Double Fine

Razputin “Raz” Aquato, trained acrobat and powerful young psychic, has realized his lifelong dream of joining the international psychic espionage organization known as the Psychonauts! But these psychic super spies are in trouble. Their leader hasn’t been the same since he was rescued from a kidnapping, and what’s worse, there’s a mole hiding in headquarters.

Combining quirky missions and mysterious conspiracies, Psychonauts 2 is a platform-adventure game with cinematic style and tons of customizable psychic powers. Psychonauts 2 serves up danger, excitement and laughs in equal measure as players guide Raz on a journey through the minds of friends and foes on a quest to defeat a murderous psychic villain.

Developer: Double Fine Productions

Publisher: Xbox Game Studios

Genres: Action Adventure

Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, macOS, Linux

Pricing: $59.99 | 59.99€ | £54.99 | Also available on Game Pass at launch

Release date: 25/08/2021

Game details

Inventive and unforgettable

Experience an imaginative, cinematic story that mixes humor and intrigue, brought to you by legendary game designer, Tim Schafer (Grim Fandango, Brütal Legend, Broken Age).

Bizarre, twisted, and trippy mental worlds

Explore unique environments using Raz’s ability to dive into people’s brains to battle their inner demons, unlock hidden memories, and resolve their emotional baggage.

Platforms and pirouettes

Leap acrobatically through the air, traversing tightropes and trapezes in a varied, challenging, and joyful platforming experience.

Behold the power of the mind

Wield a powerful array of psychic powers to blast, burn and levitate things, or even slow down time itself to solve environmental puzzles and battle strategic enemies.

Additional info and updates

Double Fine Official Twitter Page

Double Fine Official Website

Tim Schafer Official Twitter Page

Trailers

Screenshots

14 Likes

Had to use the screenshots from @Klobrille again because they are just too gorgeous :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

No co-op at launch!?

Dealbreaker.

7 Likes

In all seriousness though, nice OT! Really looking forward to playing this very soon!

That is a solid attempt at a thread derail. I chuckled.

5 Likes

Thanks, I do my best :wink:

Thanks for the OT, very excited for this one!

1 Like

PSA: the game will unlock at 12am UTC.

That means it will be available on the 24th at 8pm ET.

1 Like

Where did you see that detail at? It would be awesome if I could start playing at 8 PM EST tomorrow night!

It’s true. You can see the countdown on the Xbox app on PC.

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

Nice one @Klobrille :slight_smile:

16 Likes
5 Likes

will the New Zealand trick work for this game?

Don’t think so, seems to be a global launch?

2 Likes

So cool. And they had a Easter egg of Raz in their game, right?

So, is the game releasing in half an hour?

Yes king

2 Likes

Game is unlocked, I’m on the main menu right now, I can’t wait to play it!

2 Likes