[PLEASE READ STAFF POST] Microsoft says they have committed to Sony that they will keep Call of Duty and other titles on Playstation "beyond the existing agreement and into the future so that Sony fans can continue to enjoy the games they love."

So microsoft keeps Activision games on playstation and Sony keeps destiny on Xbox and will put their new gaas games on Xbox. Is this the so called world peace?

4 Likes

There are way too many unknowns right now to feel strongly about anything

2 Likes

At least we can move on from the notion that these companies cannot talk about their plans when purchasing other companies.

6 Likes

Ok but why spend 70 billion in this when there’s others studios out there that could be fully exclusive?

Call of duty I understand and I was expecting , but other titles too ? Lol .

11 Likes

It’s the so called Cold War against Apple, Amazon and Meta lol

3 Likes

For me it had come to a point where I’m like… whatever, if this means PS and Switch players can keep playing them why should I be against that? Sure I love to see some horrible fanboys melt down, but it’s only a handful maybe less and it doesn’t weigh up against normal, level headed players not being able to play.

But then I read this…and yeah…not good! Will other studios that might have started bothering with Xbox now not bother after all?

1 Like

and what if MS makes more money regardless?? why do you care so much about people picking up a MS box if you’re getting the game on gamepass?

1 Like

Well hey, I can’t be hypocritical, I always was saying if they acquire a Japanese publisher then Nintendo releases should still be allowed for various reasons.

6 Likes

I’ll be ok with this if the deal with Sony is for them to stop moneyhatting shit, if they keep at it with big games this year, then man…

10 Likes

it was never going to happen anyway, many of these support studios tied down to cod with not many talents left, only Toys for bob would go out of cod factory fr.

Probably went through how much the deal costs, compared to how much money they would potentially lose pulling Activision/Blizz games of Playstation. Plus it could make the deal go through easier, and potentially even open room up for Microsoft to make more acquisitions. Stuff like The Elder Scrolls is massive but we wont see that for a few years and after that there’s a chance it takes a decade+ long hiatus. So it’s probably an easier pill to swallow making Bethesda games exclusive compared to Activision/Blizz. There’s still potential for new IP to be exclusive also but honestly I would just wait and see what they are going to do on that front too.

Because Im a fan of Xbox and Microsoft? and I think the best way to take advantage of all this for their benefit is by leveraging these kind of IP’s instead of whatever they did with Minecraft by forcing people to come over or sub to game pass.

Idk how leaving all this Multiplatform does that.

8 Likes

At the end of the day, if the deal goes through and it results in a much better working environment and studio creativity (outside of CoD, Overwatch, Diablo, WoW), I won’t complain.

1 Like

I don’t really care either way, but that statement was still incredibly vague and doesn’t mean what most people here seem to think it does.

2 Likes

The fall of the Berlin Wall will be when the garden wall of apple falls

1 Like

Yeah, this I don’t get either. Crash, Spyro, THPS are singleplayer games.

Why is Redfall, Starfield and TES VI exclusive again?

1 Like

Why would we care about MS making money… we’re consumers, and exclusives add value to the service.

As with every platform and subscription service available… why does this have to be said lol

9 Likes

Hardly an equal trade. Destiny isn’t as popular as one call of duty let alone all of them. Year after year.

They’ll all be exclusive unless Sony paid for marketing. They’re just talking about Warzone and Warzone 2.