[PLEASE READ STAFF POST] Microsoft says they have committed to Sony that they will keep Call of Duty and other titles on Playstation "beyond the existing agreement and into the future so that Sony fans can continue to enjoy the games they love."

7 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

I’m sure this will go down well, I’m honestly ok with it because I get the games with Game Pass

12 Likes

Microsoft, talking the talk and walking the walk.

Deal is gonna breeze through at this point.

6 Likes

Not leveraging Minecraft and now apparently not CoD either for their own platforms

3 Likes

Wtf

1 Like

Pretty much. Hoped this speeds it up lol.

2 Likes

Im fine with this. Bethesda is much different

5 Likes

70 billion for game pass day-one I guess.

7 Likes

and billions and billions in revenue…because you know…they are a business.

4 Likes

“Microsoft should not need to make any formal concessions to win regulatory approval for the deal.”

• Nadella

6 Likes

If anything the core PS fans would be gladly trade COD with Crash and Spyro.

That means nothing to me since I don’t see those billions in revenue, I was expecting games leveraging the power of the console and it’s features, so much for that now.

2 Likes

Still think converting users to your ecosystem is better than giving handouts but thats just my uneducated guess.

25 Likes

Marketing, no more Sony exclusivity, big growth opportunities, get the deal actually past without zero issues, there is a lot of reasons why they’re doing this. Microsoft probably thinks this wouldn’t pass if they did make them exclusive as well.

That means nothing to me since I don’t see those billions in revenue, I was expecting games leveraging the power of the console and it’s features, so much for that now.

Xbox is obviously going to be the leading platform

hopefully this means people can move on to discussing other things now.

4 Likes

Why would they not leverage this to get it on gamepass on playstation

At least Xbox gamers don’t have to wait 1 year for a DLC or other exclusive stuff like QoL improvement.