[PLEASE READ STAFF POST] Microsoft says they have committed to Sony that they will keep Call of Duty and other titles on Playstation "beyond the existing agreement and into the future so that Sony fans can continue to enjoy the games they love."

A thing people don’t talk about but removing COD from the biggest platform could tank the IP because you are relying on people ditching their console and going out and buying another one, kinda wishful thinking when people can just stop playing COD and play something else.

2 Likes

Watch them bring Crash and Spyro games to other platforms too

:clown_face:

I’m fine with this. I get COD on gamepass day one. My PlayStation homie get to buy it and we can play together awesome! Also I can play it on my pc too without having to buy it again.

3 Likes

The smart move.

Means that no one will steal Call of Duty spot on the market.

And there are plenty of options to leverage exclusivity without permanent exclusivity if they want to : advantages, early access or even timed exclusive (this one unlikely imo).

3 Likes

How will we survive

3 Likes

Very dissapointed.

The Wire

3 Likes

I want to see xbox do well and that requires exclusives, some of y’all can keep pretending otherwise

7 Likes

These businesses are thinking years ahead. It doesnt really matter if you can pick up a game for 70 dollars off a shelf. If its in your subscription service it brings a ton of value beyond a plastic box.

1 Like

I dont understand Microsoft at times. Legit question What’s the difference between the Zenimax games and this?

20 Likes

They have like 70 exclusive games in the making. Theyll be fine.

2 Likes

MP Vs SP ?

Maybe they HAD to do this for the deal to go through, otherwise I have no idea at all.

1 Like

10x the difference maybe

Maybe CoD is too big?

They calculate the pros and cons of every decision way longer than anyone on a forum has

4 Likes

xbox still has at a minimum 23 studios making exclusives. relax.

1 Like

CoD is understandable, the other IPs? Seems a wee bit strange.

:phil_lmao: :phil_lmao: :phil_lmao:

And neither of those moves the people like CoD does lol.

No shame on MS doing the best possible move. Look at Sony doing the same with Bungie.

Some people here tried to tell you guys it was the best case scenario, but you would’nt listen.

1 Like