[PLEASE READ STAFF POST] Microsoft says they have committed to Sony that they will keep Call of Duty and other titles on Playstation "beyond the existing agreement and into the future so that Sony fans can continue to enjoy the games they love."

You’re taking this to a whole other direction dude.

I’m talking about the potential for growing IPs and Xbox by making everything first-party.

1 Like

expected this and totally fine, COD will tone down to a new release every 2 years. Some of the other developers will free up to work on different games/new ip (xbox exclusive) and stuff like Overwatch 2 and WOW can release on Playstation

So… ALL current and future games coming from Actibliz won’t be exclusive or just ‘some’?..

1 Like

There is literally nothing that indicates that.

5 Likes

Lots of questions arising now…

What’s MS strategy?

COD exclusivity was perfect to sell consoles. They just gonna let it go now?

I am confused :crazy_face:

5 Likes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

To me what this really says is “I want more publishers and I will have more publishers”

2 Likes

I don’t even know at this point, and I’m too tired to even guess.

and if the current ms strategy doesnt work out (meaning they don’t make as much money as they think they will) they will change strategies. we’re still getting the games on gamepass day one. no skin off my back.

1 Like

forget cod what about other games ? it would also stay multiplatform.

my kneejerk reaction is im full gucci with this

7 Likes

Well, that should settle the discussion for CoD.

And this does not mean there won’t be any exclusives for the Xbox ecosystem. Alongside CoD, I can see Overwatch, Diablo, and WoW being multiplatform and any new IP to be exclusive. Crash and Spyro maybe…

3 Likes

I see new IP and games being exclusive outside of maybe COD. We will have to wait until the deal is finalized.

6 Likes

Yep yep yep, that’s the only way it’s going to work for MS and Acti-Blizzard. You don’t pull the plug like that with these kind of massive multiplatform franchises. Same as Minecraft, it doesn’t make sense.

Only Crash and Spyro exclusives ?

5 Likes

sorry, just the way you said made it seem like you only cared about the exclusivity, and not any other bonuses (thats one thing that has annoyed me, is that after the initial WOW! of acquisition, barely anyone mentions the workers)

1 Like

Because that is a hyperbolic overreaction to a handful of Acti/Blizz titles showing up on PS still. My assumption is that it will be things like COD, Diablo, and Crash Bandicoot. Things that were historically Multi Plat. Most other stuff will be Xbox exclusive. Like if they bring Hexen back.

5 Likes

And Playstation will continue to aggressively moneyhat third party IP… with no pushback… while Microsoft simultaneously develop games for their platform.

35 Likes

The whole thing is about Microsoft getting ahead of potential incoming regulation and taking the heat off them. I have very little doubt now that the acquisiton will go through with no issues.

5 Likes

if you asked me this during Bethesda time, I’d be singing another tune but this makes sense. Still a weird discrepancy how most future Zenimax games with massive fanbases like TES6, Fallout Next, Doom next, etc might be exclusive (?) but not ABK games. MS gonna keep getting this brought up for years now.

3 Likes