PlayStation Showcase broadcasts live this Wednesday (1PM Pacific)

Can’t argue with this, they absolutely need to. Unless they really just can’t , something that Dusk Golem did say, they just couldn’t show anything other than what they showed in July. It sucks because I can see Sony showing maybe a demo of Demon’s Souls, Spidey (they sure as hell have to, it’s a launch game) and probably some gameplay of a timed exclusive . Let’s hope E3 next year is a different story.

1 Like

Quite a lot of smoke at this point lol. I would be very surprised if Sony hasn’t secured at least 12 months exclusivity for that.

1 Like

It wouldn’t surprise me at all , but hopefully it won’t be a full year like FF7R, miss me with that nonsense. But possibly more than just only FF16, that’s what I’m preparing for.

1 Like

Honestly I wouldn’t give a shit Lmao imagine paying upwards of half a billion for one or two months of exclusivity, people would just wait. Microsoft shouldn’t try to counter any of that and instead save that kinda money for their own first party, game pass related stuff.

5 Likes

So I guess sony will sold the ps5 with a huge lost 399, get timed exclusive for GTA 6 for a ridiculously high price let alone the loose on mtx, how about Elder Scrolls 6? Yeeet…

FF16 timed exclusive makes sense and will not cost as much as you think… but will have maximum impact on perception.

GTA, COD, AC all these mega franchises sell like hot cakes. Does Sony even have this much upfront cash? I really don’t see it.

They should. But can they?

I believe Sony have something like $30bn cash on hand, and they are deeply reliant on the profits from PlayStation to keep the rest of the company afloat. It’s definitely possible.

I really don’t believe they will put the PS5 at 399, the DE maybe. No way the normal one. GTA 6 timed exclusive let’s not even go there please and TES VI? Come on now.

Why doesn’t Sony try to acquire some of these smaller studios, kinda like MS did and build from there? The wait for GTA 6 and TES VI is terrible as it is. I don’t want to imagine having to wait a few months longer, don’t get me started on shitty ass full year exclusive deals.

For the exclusive period, However having an additional 4-6 studios would benefit the platform forever.

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t imagine they don’t drop price and launch date then. The have an out in the wording, but I think they could get away without dropping price and avoid too much backlash.

Finally, Honestly going by places, can’t wait for this event to happen so folks can stop creating the wildest scenarios out of seemingly both hype/panic and everything can finally be on the table.

3 Likes

If they dont something is definitely up.

I was sarcastic:D

Expecting 499 and 449 for these consoles. Sony is the market leader. It makes no sense for them to eat big loses when they are gonna lead anyways. Even the PS3 which was trash, was able to sell 87 million units.

1 Like

Oh look, the GTAVI nonsense is back. :smile:

6 Likes

Exactly. PS5 digital and disc will sold out this or the other way. With 399 they would loose a lot. 449 and up is still a lot more revenue.

I guess Sony buys the entire gaming industry :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

That show would easily be an hour

What was Matt saying about these types of deals over on other era? There will be a lot of them and the scale will be shocking, or words to that effect.

I’m just bracing myself.

1 Like

Stuff like GTA would leak like FF16. That’s how the industry works. In this case those are probably new IPs or revivals from old franchises.

1 Like