PlayStation Showcase broadcasts live this Wednesday (1PM Pacific)

It really depends how many truckloads of cash Jim Ryan drove up to R* HQ.

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing what they have up their sleeves. I think the Xbox prices have shown us that competition is good. That said I not sure what they can do to tempt me over the fence. Maybe an exclusive Half life 3!??!

Price wise, I don’t know why but i have a feeling they’ll come in at 499 for the DE and 550 for the main PS5 sku (of course i could be completely wrong!).

I do think they’ll come out strong on the software side of things though. I bet they’ll be a few timed exclusive announcements that end up causing a reaction! As you mentioned FF16 and Silent Hill at the very least seem the two most likely ones.

It’s been fairly quiet on the Spiderman front so you’d imagine that’ll be one of the main focus’ here, you expect with a lengthy gameplay demo (i do hope Microsoft do the same with their launch games).

1 Like

I think Sony want to eat the market or big chunk of it this is why they are so aggressive with these deals

they want repeat PS4 and PS2 success again

those PS Plus numbers will be huge

this is why Xbox should drop live gold it will make an upset in the industry

1 Like

They can’t react, These sort of deals are expensive to the point of madness to start with. You can’t react to them because for what is likely to be the lesser selling console they become even more insanely expensive.

2 Likes

hmm idk ES VI or Everywhere game would be answer to this.

I wonder how far SSM god of war sequal is? My guess is that its come out of pre production for a few months. Covid will have put a damper on it liki.

If it’s less than 650 million per month is not worth it for Rockstar.

1 Like

I could see Sony forking our that sort of cash for a few months at least.

Terrible investment. They could buy about 6 insomniacs for that much.

1 Like

these types of deals happens because of PS Plus profit

now what will happen if your competitor dropped the Online Subscriptions ?

not really

they got enough studios with Japanese Dev support

this move will make them so much money from Consoles sales to PS Plus subscriptions

I hope they will give away pricing and launch date. But I am not 100% sure it will yet because of the wording. But they must in the opinion of most commentators.

1 Like

Lmao can’t wait for the Ghost of Tsushima 3 gameplay vertical slice.

Are we really talking about a GTA 6 reveal next week? Lol.

We probably see: Price, Date, Specs (finally)

Games: Spider Man, Ratchet maybe (they probably dont have another demo), Demon Souls gameplay or trailer, gt7 short trailer, Kena, FF16 timed exclusive, Silent Hill remake? maybe honestly not sure if I should trust the rumour anymore. Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo to talk about haptic stuff, COD Cold War timed exclusive content (potentially announce future partnership)

At the end one next gen gameplay if possible. I would bet on Horizon Frozen Wild.

This would push 40 min already. If there is one thing I learned this year. DON’T expect gameplay from games far far out. I mean beyond 2021. The same goes for xbox.

If a game studio is asking themselve should we produce a lengthy gameplay demo for a game far out or should we better continue develop the game and reveal gameplay when we can assure that it does look like the demo or should we put many month into it for some good press?

And Covid caused so much harm to development in US and UK and still does.

I suspect they will. They also didn’t talk about console reveal prior to the June event, I’d certainly thought we weren’t getting that but then after all the teasing during the event, even during the end I was like naah they just trolling us and then boom drop the console reveal, take over the Internet.

If that timed exclusivity nonsense is actually still gonna go down I bet it will be announced here.

I didn’t expect that they would have a live show for it though, I thought they would announce it via a video or article and that’s it.

I think there is smoke on FF16

No way in hell GTA 6 goes timed exclusive. GTA V id the best selling retail game on XB One. Sony would have to pay around $600,000,000 for just like 2 months (forgot DLC rev), and I don’t see MS allowing this to happen. Now DLC/Online content/marketing? Different story.

Microsoft can’t prevent it happening if Sony are willing to write a large enough cheque, and I think Sony might be.

1 Like