PlayStation Showcase broadcasts live this Wednesday (1PM Pacific)

https://twitter.com/playstation/status/1304768250400530432?s=21

Before PlayStation 5 launches this holiday, we wanted to give you one more look at some of the great games coming to PS5 at launch (and beyond!).

Our next digital showcase will weigh in at around 40 minutes, and feature updates on the latest titles from Worldwide Studios and our world-class development partners.

Tune in live on Twitch or YouTube this Wednesday, September 16 at 1pm PDT / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST to see what’s next for PS5.

3 Likes

itshappening.gif

1 Like

Particularly curious to see how the PS5 DE and PS5 price stacks up against Series S and Series X.

1 Like

So, 40 minutes. That’s quite long.

Probably due to demos for Spiderman and Demon’s Souls taking up a fair amount. But yeah, quite long for a second showcase.

Hopefully we learn more about BC and I expect the $499/399 price announcements.

1 Like

Newsdrop Wednesday or Thursday from Xbox then? :wink:

Microsoft really need to drop some gameplay or in engine footage of a gen 9 game running on seriesX. Along with some enhanced X1 game footage running on seriesX.

1 Like

Sony about to announce games for 2025 if they have to.

7 Likes

Think Sony are gonna try to focus heavily on software as that seems to be their main selling point here, show off some more stuff of previously announced titles like demon souls and GT, maybe some dates, also some of the runour moneyhatting deals, FF16 and maybe that silent hill rumour that used to be very prominent, and there was rumours of some unannounced first party stuff to show off

Very unlikely PS5 can beat Xbox with price, they may match it if they were lucky, so games and software will be the main selling point(is my prediction)

2 Likes

I am already committing to a Series X on the 22. Show me what you got, Sony, and I’ll pull the trigger on a PS5 day one as well.

So apple event, sony event and 3080 reviews? That’s a lot next week. I wonder when pre-orders happen

Am I correct in saying that there’s been no footage nor even screenshots of Miles Morales yet? I think we’re either going to see a giant info blowout for that game, or an announcement that it’s pushed to 2021, and honestly I think there’s an even chance of both of those possibilities.

Anyway looking forward to finding out what the price is, and if Sony has any more timed exclusives up their sleeve. Keenly interested to hear about Final Fantasy XVI especially.

1 Like

40 minutes sounds long but they have a lot of ground to cover. Price, release date, launch titles, BC, game demos. I have no doubt they can fill it out and knock it out of the park. Let’s see what they have. So glad prices are FINALLY being released!

Yes. I’m ready :slight_smile:

40 minutes is shorter than I was expecting, to be honest.

Still, it’s certainly long enough to drop a few bombs, and I expect them to do so. I’m still expecting timed exclusivity on GTAVI.

1 Like

imo GTAVI Timed exclusivity is big yikes for Xbox

1 Like

It sure is.

1 Like

That makes zero sense financially for Take Two.

1 Like

if this happens and Xbox don’t react to it then it will be one of biggest failures on Phil Spencer leadership.

also we should expect bans left and right on this forum and on other forums HAHA.