PlayStation Plus |OT| Your Instant Game Collection

Extra is tricky because there’s lots of overlap with gamepass, but since you’re new to ecosystem it may be worth it since it will have a lot of PS+ essential games you’ve missed out on.

1 Like

Yeah, and it’s quite messy trying to figure out the tiers and whats in what. But the one year subs are a great thing, very cheap and actually a good discount for going for a longer sub. Strange we don’t have that on Xbox.

1 Like

I’ll put it on xbox terms for you

Essentials - Xbox Live Gold

Extra - Gamepass + Xbox Live Gold

Premium - gamepass ultimate, but also the ability to stream BC games

IMO premium is a waste, but extra seems like best value. However, like I mentioned there’s lots of overlap with gamepass

1 Like

I can’t fathom signing up to two subscription services, there is not enough time in the day. I think if hop into the PS+ Extra tier for a month if they ever release something I want to play.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m mostly interested in games we don’t have on Xbox. But who knows, might go after multiplats too if I enjoy it enough.

I wouldn’t sign up to two full priced ones no. But on Xbox I use the Gold conversion trick, and PS has proper year long subs with an actual rebate.

So the whole BC shit was a marketing ploy?

Dont have a ps5 yet but my plan was to get the all digital ps5 and sub to premium for a year. I have 0 plans to ever spend money on games on the system and will go purely sub.

However. Really fucking scummy what theyve done with the BC program. Theyve launched fuck all new psp ps2 games since launch and still cant be bothered to do native ps3 emulator.

Also do we know when their pc service will hit? One thing i love about xbox is the ability to play games on xcloud. Sony eventually having something similar to even ply their oremium ps3 stream games would be nice.

Yeah, classic games was essentially the only real interest I had in the service. We are coming up on a year of it and the selection has been pretty weak.

Which, honestly I predicted before it ever launched. I said they would have the same problems MS and Nintendo do with their services, the licensing for a lot of these is going to be an insurmountable issue.

At this point, I just emulate everything on my steam deck or xbox. Duckstation is so good for PS1 games I dont really need anything else.

Ill probably let my PS+ expire and never renew it unless they start doing Day 1 games.

1 Like

PlayStation Plus Extra is losing 12 games in February:

• Metro: Exodus
  • Saints Row: The Third Remastered
  • Rad Rodger
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City – Definitive Edition
  • Pure Farming
  • Sparkle Unleashed
  • Agatha Christie – The ABC Murders
  • The Turing Test
  • The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
  • Skydrift Infinity
  • Sine Mora EX
  • Whispering Willows

PS Plus Games for February 2023

2 Likes

Damn. Nice.

1 Like

PS Plus Games for March 2023

1 Like

Won’t stand a chance against Games with Gold!

1 Like

Deathloop launched on ps plus and gamepass same week. Looks like Gw doesnt come to xbox until the 12th but will have the extra content included.

I don’t have a PS5 yet and chances are I won’t either this year, but since the collection of Plus games is leaving, is there a way to claim them now, so that I’ll have them once I do get a PS5?

Kinda like making a PS account and then claiming it or doesn’t it work like that? I guess if my brother claims all the games we can just share them anyway, can’t we?

I’m pretty sure the only way to claim them is on a PS5. I think that was sort of the whole point - to give people an incentive to buy a PS5 to claim the games.

1 Like

OK. But what if my brother already has. PS5, he has claimed these games and he has +. Just like on Xbox you can use sharing, right? But can a sub like + be shared too, like how GPU is shared? In that case I don’t have to do anything.

I think you just need to login on their PS5 and claim the games.

1 Like

I think this is corret.