Playstation is making a new subscription service, codenamed Spartacus, merging PS PLUS and NOW. First Party Games not expected to be Day One

Insomniac’s games outside of Spider-Man sell like 2-3m or something MAX :skull:

Demon’s Souls Remake has sold more than R&C, it’s crazy. Sure it has been longer since that game released but it had going against it the fact of it being such a difficult game.

Does not compute.

8 Likes

So they are literally just combining services and not really changing much but added support for older gen games at a cost instead of allowing people to use them for free if they own them? it’s going to be funny how quickly people might change from #foreverphysical to pro subscription.

2 Likes

Yeah… What I’m reading is nothing like Game Pass. Is it hard for journalists to just be…normal? Clickbaity shit even from Bloomberg huh.

3 Likes

That’s the positive in all that, seeing people stop diabolizing subscription services all of the sudden :laughing:

1 Like

Can’t wait for PS+ Ultimate is the best subscription in the world and everyone should sub to it in the next 6 months.

2 Likes

I understand why they won’t have day 1 releases since their games sell well. However, I won’t upgrade to this tier since gamepass provides that, but would sub to an upgraded tier if its like EA Access and you can get first party games within 6-12 months

I guess game-subscription services are cool now eh? Before today such a service was labelled by some ‘experts’ as ‘unsustainable’. How on earth with PlayStation game developers get paid??!?

Interesting to see if Sony are using Azure for this. If so its a win-win for MS. If not, Xbox still has the Day One advantage.

No, I am pretty sure Sony internally believes this is an answer to Game Pass. They likely told Jason this.

7 Likes

what is their official name for the service i wonder?.

Sony tried to take on Game Pass by changing PS Now a bit, they failed, and they decided to roll it with PS Plus. A kinda new rebranding and there you go.

Defenders already going hard on how this new service is the greatest and even better than Game Pass, but also Sony’s games are way too good to ever be on a subscription.

1 Like

Sony games = toooo biiiiig! But small titles like Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite and Starfield are suited just fine for a subscription service.

Lmao Lol GIF

12 Likes

Lol sony fanboys are delusional they believe anything their corporate overlords and the media tell them

3 Likes

MS isn’t gonna want to compete with Sony and other sub providers for every game.

It just makes sense for more acquisitions to follow.

Aaaany day now.

1 Like

PS Now+ SLS

SLS stands for slightly less shitty

1 Like

Playstation Plus Rewards Program Variant.

Naming inspired by Southpark’s Post-Covid19 special…

1 Like

The best part about all this is Gene Park of WaPo using the word “ponies”

12 Likes

Yikes. Not sure that is better?

Sony doesn’t “get” Game Pass and Bloomberg not noticing that it is not like Game Pass no matter what Sony tells them?

2 Likes