Playstation is making a new subscription service, codenamed Spartacus, merging PS PLUS and NOW. First Party Games not expected to be Day One

2 Likes

Without day 1 first party games I don’t see much to get excited about. This just sounds like combining PS+ and PS Now. What makes that a Game Pass competitor?

11 Likes

So, not really a service to take on Gamepass then. It’s amazing to me that Sony continues to miss the point of why Gamepass is successful. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

16 Likes

This is not what we asked for or wanted. It could be a good offering but it’s not enticing. Make it 1:1 to Game Pass including the 1st party and even exclusive deals day one, and I’ll get your damn console Sony.

lol still wont compare to gamepass for that specific reason

So basically, it is PS + and PS Now combined, without exclusives Day One in it. So a bit better than PS Now, but not much.

8 Likes

Pretty much. I have been saying for a while that Sony should close PS Now and absorb it into Plus since it is the bigger service. But from Jason’s information, this seems more of a rebrand than a new service.

3 Likes

Without the day one releases it would be like Game Pass before mid 2018. Decent offering for owners already, not enticing to attract new customers.

3 Likes

Yeah, it is like Game Pass Ultimate, but not as good. Now I’m curious how much they will price their tiers.

10/15/20

1 Like

Also, it is kind of hilarious that they are thinking of including older games when you remember what Jim Ryan said lol.

4 Likes

It’s not interesting to me as a service. What I am interested in is MS response. We might finally see Gold killed off.

6 Likes
7 Likes

A bit sad though that you can only access these games with a subscription.

7 Likes

and acquisitions to cut off the supply of games to include in the subscription :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

They’re cloud-based. I don’t know if this is suggesting Sony is gonna attempt native BC like Xbox. That’d be great and would probably also motivate MS to go further than they could have so far with BC.

I agree, but I would have much prefered a definitive access to these games by having the option to fully buy them.

I don’t think any cloud service allows that lol

Man, talk about going from crazy excitement at a headline, to a wet fart of nothing when you actually read what this is. :man_shrugging:

That’s true, but that’s why I prefer the native solution :smiley: