PlayStation acquires Housemarque and Nixxes Software

I wonder why Sony doesn’t disclose the amount paid

11 Likes

He just makes it up along the way, lmao

4 Likes

It’s like politician behaviour

Didn’t they grow these studios organically by funding most of their games that they’ve created? Also they gave Housemarque a large budget to create a AAA game, so I’ll say that studio grew organically. It’s interested to see that team grow from arcade indie games to AAA games

1 Like

He was asked about the Zenimax acquisition and responded by saying, essentially, Sony’s MO is to grow studios from the ground up, rather than purchase them.

They absolutely purchased Housemarque, a multiplatform dev for over 20 years, you can’t twist that.

7 Likes

Gotcha, I took that quote as supporting studios early and having partnerships with Sony rather than starting from scratch. If he meant the latter then lol because barely any major publishers builds teams from ground up and are acquired. Like it’s very rare to see something like the initiative or 343 happen from a major publisher. Come to think of it unsure if they built any studios from the ground up

1 Like

Yeah in my eyes, growing a studio is doing a studio like The Initiative, anything involving money and buying a studio even if you worked with them still isn’t organically growing imo.

1 Like

agreed

I agree with you that Jimbo is like a magician with his words, but it’s also true that Housemarque last game on Xbox was on 360, so it was already on PS train since a long time.

Nice, hope it takes a burden off of Housemarque. I’ve never actually played any of their games, but people seem to think highly of them!

1 Like

While I happy for both Housemarquee and Bluepoint, I’m not happy to hear certain fans say how these purchases are better than Bethesda both in terms of quality and “not snatching away games”

1 Like

I didn’t want to be a party pooper. That’s actually pretty good news. These studios needed a vision and a budget, so they’ll get exactly that now, without having to search for it.

I don’t really care about Housemarque, but Bluepoint is a good get. They also both have that Sony mindset, like they always have been Sony studios.

Also : “don’t trust his lies”.

2 Likes

Yeah lol, I was just thinking about all the “Well I’m not a fan of studio acquisitions, they hurt the industry, but this one is okay because of reasons” that I’m going to read today. :wink:

In all seriousness, this is great for Housemarque because now they have that stability of being backed by Sony, they don’t have to live or die on their next game every time. Really great news for them.

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I would say…If I was a stupid fanboy…

They are trolls. We should treat them as trolls.

3 Likes

Eh, you learn to ignore them. I can only imagine the length of my blocklist on Twitter.

Blocklists on Twitter is the only way to use Twitter.

2 Likes

@Klobrille looks like imitation is the sincerest form of flattery… :wink: or did they hire you to do their banners for them? :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

Sony going for the low hanging fruit. Those acquisitions were fully expected given ryans organical growth bs. Wake me up when they buy a third party studio. Although its clear that s not going to happen. At least Sony fans got something to cheer about but it wont change anything.

Ha ha, thanks for the LPT. It reminds me to never use twitter.

Youtube comments are better than twitter now, go figures.

You’re not joking.

It’s a straight-up copy.

@Klobrille get your squirrel lawyers on the phone.

2 Likes