PlayStation acquires Housemarque and Nixxes Software

That is what @Shpeshal_Nick said, but I think that was his opinion rather than what he has heard, although he can add further comment if he likes.

I don’t think so because the talks started last year and I would imagine Sony would have had a good idea how the project would land during development.

4 Likes

Two good acquisitions… I hope they let Bluepoint create their own original IP… personally the premise of a studio which is only dedicated to remastering other people’s work has never sat right with me…

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that, but it is why I don’t consider them top tier developers yet. I recognise it takes skill to do what they do, but at the end of the day they are going over someone else’s work and it is completely different to come up with your own concepts etc.

2 Likes

Sony wouldn’t have made the picture if they weren’t buying Bluepoint, and there were rumors of them buying both so I don’t think it matters too much anyways.

2 Likes

Good for them :beers:

Good sensible pick-ups by them. And not a big deal to us Xbox players, because it’s a couple devs that had been making PS games only, anyway

What it does do is create a possibility for even bigger and better follow-ups from those devs next PS5 games, due to bigger budgets and maybe even engine and other tech assets being part of the family could open up for them

…it also opens up the chance they get forced in to being diminshed to helper rolls for Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Sucker Punch and Santa Monica. Though hopefuly not

4 Likes

MGS 4 is still PS3 exclusive to this day… there are other games also PS exclusive. there is a relationship between Playstation+Konami. of course, this can be nothing.

but it is what it is. :man_shrugging:

MGS4 is still an PS3 exclusive because it’s a pain to port this game to newer hardware.

1 Like

Infinite Undiscovery by SE is still exclusive to Xbox 360…what the hell MGS4 means for silly Silent Hill theories? I say nothing, the author of PT is even in talks with Xbox, come on guys, this thing is the usual Sony fanboys shit and we in Xbox community always fall for it.

1 Like

Yea i agree. i think if it weren’t for the technical difficulties, MGS4 would already be on the PC etc. but had an exclusive deal with Sony.

:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Honestly, I hope Bluepoint will be able to do more than just remaking games.

1 Like

Yeah that came from me

6 Likes

Housemarque is kind of a “Wait, Sony didn’t already own them?” Not a fan of their games regardless so it doesn’t affect me. Bluepoint on the other hand, very talented studio and they’ve released games for Xbox in the past so I’m a little sorry to see them go. These are both good gets for Sony fans though.

Good for Housemarque (and bluepoint if it ends up being true) that they get the all the perks of being acquired and they can continue making games but these acquisitions dont really change much and is kinda the equivalent of when xbox bought Playground or Undead Labs tbh. Just an acquisition that didnt mean much from where the game output was going.

6 Likes

well… i think they like to do remakes. Playstation has many cool IPs with great remake potential and IPs from partner studios too… right Konami ? :new_moon_with_face:

I can’t wait to play Returnal on Xbox!

1 Like

So much for organic growth lol.

A++ gets though. Both incredibly talented and will make amazing games for them no doubt.

5 Likes

Could Haven and Deviation games be under that “audition” terms?

Probably if their games end up “pretty good” for Sony standards.