PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

Personally, other than for nostalgic reasons since the 360 was my first console that I owned, I don’t know that I’d put the Xbox 360 over the Series since the Series plays many of the best of those games, a handful of OG games and all my One games, and loads them faster and often makes them look better.

I did just rebuy an Xbox 360 to use for some of my non backwards compatible games (and kinect) I’ve got, but in general I like my Series X better. Also I was noticing that the 360 controller just feels weird to me now after so much time.

3 Likes

That is true, however I owned so many accessories back in the X360 era from Kinect, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Joysticks and more. Most of which isn’t compatible anymore. Kinect was a personal favourite in our household.

Nostalgia probably did also play a part, Xbox was much more lenient about giving family members free stuff back then so we used to get loads of stuff which we don’t now :disappointed:.

2 Likes

https://x.com/matpiscatella/status/1810378175215710648?s=46&t=jjXxOoE4yWMd4fG6_-MQMQ

Even though a weak month its impressive that ghost is #1. I guess Sony’s strategy of stagger releases is working for now because PC gamers are willing to buy some of the heavy hitters way after release. I think eventually the window will be shorter, but they still want people to buy consoles, so unsure when they’ll do day 1 on PC for non-gaas

1 Like

Yes, while i don’t see them releasing day 1 on PC anytime soon, i hope to see more under 2 year ports on PC once Nixxes is done with late ports, maybe starting with Spiderman 2? Although i guess the next port after GoW should be TLOU 2, so i doubt we’ll see Insomniac’s game this year.

I found a few gems from Sony lately on PC, but waiting so long sucks, and i got enough with an Xbox, so not enough reason to buy a Playstation, 1 year would be fine, and maybe day 1 on a Sony’s store on PC where they’d get the 100% of the sales, i’m sure it could work for them, i’d buy some games for sure.

Also says a lot about how PC went from “niche” to incredibly relevant, that a 4 year old port on a single platform can be the highest selling game.

And a Sony game being the highest selling videogame thanks to PC, and Sea of Thieves being so high in the charts for 2 months in a row thanks to Playstation, not even the craziest person could have guessed this just 10 years ago lol.

2 Likes

I think they should cut down the releases to 6-12 months. I think sales wise they’re not maxing potential because each of the Playstation heavy hitters haven’t had amazing numbers on PC, and it could be due to waiting 18-24 months for games

2 Likes

Concord beta has it’s moments and I like the vibrant look. However, it might be a bold claim, but there is no way this game will survive being priced at $40. I have no clue what they’re doing, but they should at least make the game free on PS+ extra or even regular PS+ because I don’t think the game does enough to move people away from the F2P games they’re currently playing. I think it has a slight chance if it’s a F2P game, but pay to play isn’t going to work out because it will most likely be F2P within a year due to shrinking install base.

I think some of the characters are cool to use, but some of them felt absolutely useless. Also, some of the controls felt a bit sluggish. Anyway, the game feels a bit like Destiny mixed with hero shooter, which is decent, but I think the game needs a bit more to pull people in

3 Likes

I definitely see them dropping this into PS+ last minute.

1 Like

As of right now, the game is DOA.