PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

As I said, they should have done a beta but its just like Phil said. You dont know what will be the next game to blow up so I hope SONY take that in consideration for next time.

They are. That’s why every live service game is day one on PC along with PS5.

I mean, to be more prepared next time but again…for all we know concord and/or fairgame could very well bomb and SONY wasted a lot of money in servers.

I guess thats the “beauty” of the industry :sweat_smile:

True. Going “small” is the right decision by Sony because if the game does well, they can just increase server capacity but if a game flops, they would have wasted that money, time and resources for nothing.

Helldivers 2 is doing great and I wish you could play the game fully solo without AI companions or other players invading your game. It sucks. Sony releases two third person shooters this generation in Returnal (hate rogue likes) and Helldivers 2 and I can’t play either one. :frowning_face:

1 Like

I think the best solution is to launch betas. You will now if you have a success or a bomb that way.

True. My guess is that Sony will just release the games and if they start out hot, they’ll add more money and resources for the game and if it doesn’t, they won’t.

HD2 success must be bitter sweet for PS fanboys.

These types of games they usually dont care about and it doing this well will make company think twice of strategy going forward.

1 Like

https://x.com/nosleep1138/status/1758427098950058170?s=46&t=jjXxOoE4yWMd4fG6_-MQMQ

They’re cooking

Totally. The game is a success. I just wish I could play it.

1 Like

ps fanboys are so cravi ng so much for Gaas success that they call a 1M units sold game a very high success. In the same time, palworld reached 12M players in a week.

3 Likes

“Every Thursday of each month” means just “every Thursday”? Weekly updates would be a super aggressive pacing :thinking:

More than likely, they are using procedural generation.

1 Like

Yeah, even to a native English speaker the wording on that is very awkward. Maybe they missed a word like “first” or “second”, as in “every first Thursday of the month” ?

It’s ‘every second Thursday’ apparently. Monthly content drops sounds a lot more realistic, lol.

1 Like

https://x.com/benjisales/status/1758932148868780100?s=46&t=jjXxOoE4yWMd4fG6_-MQMQ

https://x.com/playstation/status/1758929310273216790?s=46&t=jjXxOoE4yWMd4fG6_-MQMQ

Now imagine how well it would actually do if it wasn’t having crashing or server capacity issues.

Maybe 400K +

This is why Jim Ryan’s whining about Xbox buying studios holds 0 weight. Nobody could have predicted Helldivers 2 would be on the verge of surpassing Starfield’s all time peak on Steam yet here we are.

Come on Arrowhead, add in a pure solo option with no AI companions and no invasions from other players so I can play the game, hehehehe!!

2 Likes

Haven’t played the game yet, is it kind of like a more co-op focused outriders?

Haven’t played it either but from what I have seen, yes. You have AI companions if you’re not playing with actual humans and there’s friendly fire and all that stuff.

I wish I could play it like I did Outriders and Division 1/2. I would be so happy!!

1 Like