PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

Sony almost didnt make a profit in the quarter where they released Spider-Man 2. How is that strong?

5 Likes

I think a joke flew by you.

Yep and that is PS biggest games for the entire gen. Its like their pokemon.

3 Likes

Wasn’t it in existing franchises? I didn’t take a close look.

Yeah, there could still be new IP

1 Like

It was, but the odds of Sony having a secret AAA blockbuster new IP due for release in September is nil. Probably won’t have one in April either.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say nil. They have plenty of studios that could release something by Q1 2025.

To quote my other post:

1 Like

Of that list only Bend could realistically be working a new AAA IP. And didn’t they go through some mess with Last of Us or Uncharted? I forget.

Not necessarily IMO.

Bend have already confirmed they are working on a new open world AAA multiplayer.

Bluepoint which have traditionally worked on remakes and remasters stated they are working on new ‘original content’ and considering their size and previous games would likely be AAA.

Housemarque have stated they are working on new IP and considering they internally referred to Returnal as AAA I suspect the same from their next game.

Media Molecule and Team Asobi will likely be AA unless they’ve expanded.

Sucker Punch would be AAA and 4 years 8 months since GoT so unlikely but not impossible.

RE: Bend there was a rumour that they were working on Uncharted and TLOU. The TLOU rumour ended up being Visual Arts Studio and I think the Uncharted rumour was debunked back after that slide leaked in 2020.

1 Like

You can not duplicate the dev length of the previous gen to this gen. Time has obviously increased. Also Covid.

My point was simply that there isn’t 0% chance that one of their studios can’t release a big new IP by Q1 2025 when many of their studios haven’t released anything for 5-6 years.

It’s quite possible some of these studios were even working on these titles before their last games released.

1 Like

You will certainly not see the media respond to sony like they did to MS in 2022 when they had a drought of 1st party games.

1 Like

To be fair, media and literally everybody agreed the first half of X360’s era was packed and full of great exclusives, but what did they have from first party studios? Halo, Forza, PGR and not much else, what i mean is 1st party studios games are important, but not everything.

PS5’s having a packed first half of 2024, just like Xbox will have a packed second half, even if Sony’s studios ain’t releasing much stuff

2 Likes

With how long Sony rides the hype train, they would have had something and anything in one of their shows already if any of them were releasing before 2025 Q2 [in 2025 Q1]. To me, that evidence leans more heavily on having a 0% chance of release.

3 Likes

Death Stranding 2 is Sonys big 2025 game, along perhaps with Marathon, which will come to Xbox and PC.

We’ve done this dance before with Sony in 2021 (they must have something other than Deathloop), they didn’t. We did this with MS in 2022 (IIIolfenstein or bust) they didn’t.

This is it, plus Fairgame$

IGN just made a video celebrating the joy of HellDivers 2. Go figure.

Helldivers 2 performance is still broken on PC. Serves are still terrible for matchmaking. Arrowhead shit the bed.

I think they’re doing quite fine.

:rofl:

1 Like

https://x.com/benjisales/status/1758690651946840256?s=46&t=jjXxOoE4yWMd4fG6_-MQMQ

Just beat Halo Infinite’s peak. Would love to see a game like it in the Halo universe.

1 Like