PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

Didn’t see this getting posted in the forum, but also probably not worthy of its own thread:

Awesome, loved the base game. And hopefully it’s compatible with PS5 on launch.

2 Likes

Credit to @24thFrame for posting this as a topic but worth mentioning in here that Deathloop has been delayed until Q2 2021

Nice op! Didn’t even know the forum supports tables lol

The prospect of running the entire ps4 library plus ps5 games is making me want to get one, but I would like a slim/less ugly version. Wonder how long it will take for Sony to launch one.

PlayStation: Launching a console during a pandemic “is a massive challenge on every front”

PlayStation reveals its first PlayStation 5 ad

“The content that will be in the launch window and beyond is incredibly exciting. I would say that this is the best line-up that we’ve ever seen in the history of PlayStation, between our Worldwide Studios groups and our partners from all the different publishers around the world. We’ve revealed some of that content, and naturally there will be more to come, but the way that the developers can engage with this platform, and create these new experiences with known IP as well as unknown IP, is incredibly exciting.”

1 Like

Was going to make a thread about this?

Do as you please.

If Demons Souls is a launch title I’m probably in day 1.

1 Like

If Demons Souls is a launch title, Sony is going to clean up. Big time

The souls series have never been massive sellers. The are somewhat niche.

2 Likes

I read something the other month that the original Demon’s Souls sold somewhere under 2 million (?)

These remakes do absolutely nothing for me. More excited about games like Deathloop, GT7, Horizon: Forbidden West.

1 Like

The thing looks like a bootleg version of Demon’s Souls. A mixture of Diablo and Lords of the Fallen with overdesigned armor, enemies and environments. They turned fortifications, that are meant to be simple, into Gothic churches full of ornaments.

Yeah maybe, but I’m still a sucker for the souls series.

Yeah not a fan of the artistical changes myself either.

Would be nice if you could switch the graphics engine, to at least play the original one in 4k/60

Same here. The time I pick up a PS5 is directly correlated to the time Demon Souls comes available. Easily the best looking thing I’ve seen from any Sony show so far.

2 Likes

I didn’t think there was any chance the Demon’s Souls remake would be a launch game but if it is, I would be even more excited for the PS5 launch. The remaster looked absolutely amazing, especially considering how it was real time.

I must say, I’m very impressed with the quality of the forum. Fast and snappy. Looks very clean.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t consider Souls that niche tbh, Dark Souls 3 has sold 10 million units [source]. Bloodborne has likely sold 3-5 million units, last we heard in Fall 2015 it had sold 2m units [source].

Demon’s Souls as a launch window game is definitely a notable and important release especially in a time where the appeal of “From” games are higher than ever before, remakes have seen notable success and the difficulty is more of the whole appeal than a hindrance to sales.

Demon’s Souls Remake would be a good addition to the PlayStation 5 launch lineup but isn’t for me. Thus far, im only in 100% for Spider Man: Miles Morales. Godfall looks good and im into the looter slasher aspect but it being a timed exclusive, I’ll wait to see what others say about it when they play it and since im expecting it to be a live service game, knowing how the first year goes will be a huge benefit for me in deciding on whether or not to buy the game when it eventually releases for Series X.

Only other launch title which is also timed that im very interested in is Kena: Bridge of Spirits which looks superb but like with Godfall, I will wait for the Series X version especially since there’s a good chance that it goes on Game Pass day one.

Was hoping that Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart was going to be a launch title but with Spider Man being a launch title and both being from Insomniac, im not expecting Sony to have them compete against each other.

I think that Sony is going to kill 2021 if Horizon 2, Ratchet and Demon Souls all come out. Xbox doesn’t really have anything noteworthy until Halo later in the year so you’re looking at Xbox first party being fairly dry throughout the first 10 months of 2021.

I was looking at the PSNow Selection on my PS4 Slim and I have to say for $60 bucks a year it’s a freaking steal, there are a TON of great games on there. The only thing it lacks is day one games and backwards compatibility since PS3 games have to be streamed and they don’t play very good even on a hardwired connection.