PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

Im really trying to buy a ps4, but no way am i gonna pay full price this late in the gen.

I want to see the side of the PS5 they haven’t shown, the side where the stand goes. I wonder why they haven’t shown it. It makes me think they haven’t finished that side yet (like missing a cosmetic cover for where the stand goes).

I will do with the PS5 as I did with the PS4. Buy it very late in the gen to play the handful of exclusive games I’m interested in. Got a very cheap PS4 on sale, and the 8 games I was interested in also in various sales. Play through them, and thats that. Will pick up TLOU2 and GoT cheap as well down the line so 9-10 games in total. It’s the only interesting thing with that console tbh.

Plus once there is enough exclusive games for it to be worth it, they might have a new version of the console out that I don’t have to hide in a closet.

3 Likes

Feel both XsX and PS5s are a wait for me, unless the Series X has some major improvements for Sea of Theives

PS5 im wondering if there will be any more ps5 launch titles than whats already been announced, and if any of the big ones shown at the reveal will be launch titles

Anyways, i think itll be interesting to see a PlayStation OT in a predominantly xbox forum

Definitely maybe. I’m not yet excited about PS5. PlayStation VR 2 will probably be a must have when they announce it. I wish they would create backwards compatibility with ps1-ps4 because I have hundreds of digital games tied to my PlayStation account that would be cool to use again. Multiplatform games will play best on Xbox so PS5 will probably be the VR console. So you guys think there will be a new VR for ps5?

I will be buying PlayStation 5 but haven’t decided if it’s day one or 2022 when Horizon II: Forbidden West releases. I’m very much looking forward to the majority of their exclusives especially the sequels that I want to play but PlayStation 5 will be my secondary exclusives only console.

I do this with every generation. I always have a primary gaming console and a secondary gaming console. If Spider Man: Miles Morales gets delayed, then I will definitely hold off unless something else that I want to play (like Ratchet) replaces it.

We’ll see though as Sony has never had a top tier blockbuster exclusive at launch in their PlayStation history and neither console needs to have that because both are selling out anyway. At this point, I just want both companies to announce the release date, prices and confirm the launch lineups.

Yeah same here, Spiderman + god of war were very good games but they are not must haves they both have there issues (Spiderman - dead city, lack of mission variety, a bit tedious, god of war - i prefer the old style of gow, clunky world layout, overly complected menus + level up systems)

Naughty :dog2: games however I love, so i will probably pick up a PS5 for cheap when they release a game in like 2023.

1 Like

Great OP! Hope to get it day one along with the Series X. Can’t wait to as Miles!

2 Likes

Planning to get a PS5 Pro version down the line, instead of a base PS5 if there is one of course with some great potential exclusives like Bloodborne 2 lol Horizon FW and maybe ND Savage Starlight…

I’ll get one eventually maybe for the 5 or 6 games that I’d wanna play. Wouldn’t pay more than £200 though so I’ll need to wait a while.

If they do cloud gaming better I’ll just play there.

1 Like

I need a slim version before I can go for one I think.

2 Likes

With the way revisions are getting more and more expensive rather than seeing a reduction in cost, I doubt we will be seeing a revision any time soon. Cost savings are likely to come from improvements in efficiency in production line rather than a smaller process.

I bought a beefy gaming PC earlier this year and buying an XSX at launch, so I’m no hurry for PS5. Next year remains the plan if the games I most want to play arrive by then.

1 Like

I just need it smaller, thing is hideous.

3 Likes

It all depends on what games come out first for me. I’m definitely grabbing one when Ratchet and Clank drops same with xbox i’ll grab one when Halo comes out.

Yes, it’s so ugly It will never set foot in my home. I’ll wait for a revision which hopefully doesn’t look like a “hello fellow kids” design envisioned in the early 2000’s.

The more I look at my PS4 collection, the more I hope Sony comes through with BC support. Would love to learn more soon. I know we’re expecting more news next month for Xbox but I wonder when we’ll get more PS5 info.

We’re running out of months. I’d take any news for any of them just to get things moving. Little blog post every day going into detail on a new feature.

I’m very lucky as my Wife is getting me it for my Christmas along with Miles Morales. That and Destruction Allstars game are what I’m looking forward to most. I know it’s not a very popular opinion, but I really didn’t like Horizon Zero Dawn at all, so I have no interest in the new one.

The PS5 was planned to be a lower tflop machine, we know this because cerny even said that they struggled to keep 2ghz on the GPU using fixed clocks. If they planned on using smartshift all along why would they test fixed clocks.