PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

I need to go read the PlayStation community’s take on this lol

4 Likes

They’re coping by saying even though Sony is removing 5% from traditional gaming over to GaaS, that it’s actually a better thing because they are increasing spending overall.

Nevermind that gaming expenses increase exorbitantly YoY.

I have no issues with the increase to GaaS given the way gaming is heading nowadays; it’s just the double standards that kill me everytime, lol.

7 Likes

It looks roughly flat from 2019 to 2025, in a time with massine inflation.

3 Likes
5 Likes

The only reason I would watch the PS Showcase would be just to know what exclusive third party games will be announced (because of course there will be at least one)

Oh I am fully prepared for several big third parties. It would shock me a little if it’s only one. Meaning both timed and full exclusive.

3 Likes

Yup, it’s definitely irritating that any excitement about this is undercut by “how much is this going to screw me?”

Yep.

The having to guess whether this and that game is coming to Xbox yes or no, sigh. Hopefully we won’t be waiting super long after these games are announced to know. Clarity is everything.

1 Like

Well, we know one thing is gonna be there

3 Likes

Worst kept secret. Well, let’s hope it’s not Prince of Persia rough.

2 Likes

Do we expect that rumored Pro to get announced here?

Feel like it’s too early.

Maybe this is what got that one game canned?

1 Like

I am thinking they announce the Pro and the remote play handheld outside of this event. At ‘over 60 minutes’ and including PSVR stuff I have a hard time seeing how they’d fit it in.

1 Like

Yeah, same here, it does feel too early. Maybe a Slim edition first, but probably not announced here either. If they do bring a Slim this year I might buy it. On the other hand I won’t need it at all as soon as I have my hands on Starfield, heh.

Oh right, the handheld thing. Totally forgot about this. And yep, true, its too brief to have such announcements.

If after these trailers (or at the start) it doesn’t say exclusive or whatsoever, I think we can assume it will be multiplatform, right? I don’t really remember their last show anymore. But at least we’ll have that.

You’ll probably rush to Twitter or somewhere else to see. The publisher of the game will often say if it’s multiplatform or not.

2 Likes

That should be the case. It wouldn’t surprise me if they hard press that if their mission is still take down Xbox at all cost.

Any rumours about showing a new PS5 model in the showcase?

Don’t forget that multiplatform doesn’t necessarily mean Xbox, and announcements can be rolled back. Best to treat everything you see as an exclusive until you see an active store listing or it’s installed on your console :wink:

4 Likes