PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

I predict that Sony will announce a remake for a game people have nostalgia for and won’t be out for another 4-5 years. Then, people will lose their minds. Sony fans will take their shirts off and spin them around in the air while Xbox fans complain about how Xbox should have done that. A year or two later we’ll find out the game has either been cancelled or isn’t looking good. :smile:

In all seriousness, I hope it’s a great show and I hope we hear about their “PS5 Pro” or a possible design revision of the base PS5 (for the love of God please be this). I saw a Digital PS5 in the wild the other day and almost impulse bought it, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it since the console is so gigantic and hideous.

For sure. PSVR is a big yawn

The indies however tend to be “the right ones” so to speak.

I hope they have a great show that keeps the pressure on Xbox to deliver and vice versa.

10 Likes

show isn’t long enough to live up to the unrealistic expectations people have. expect spiderman 2, death stranding 2, and factions as the big showings.

Exactly!

I honestly don’t know why the same exact conversation comes up every time Sony has a show, especially after two years’ of very inconsistent showcases. It’ll likely be good and that’s absolutely fine, and if I’m wrong, even better. The amount of tripping over ourselves that it’s totally going to be the best showcase or that it’s going to “kill Xbox” (non-serious discussion clearly), is just a bit detached.

7 Likes

Every showcase that is dissapointing is retroactively claimed to be good if one or two games showed up. Last years show was very bad for the first 95% of it and people were genuinely antsy at how the show was going before Spider-Man and Wolverine showed up and “saved” the show.

And now Xbox must “prepare” for the Playstation showcase, as if a nuclear bomb is about to go off, or at least thats what many Xbox related podcast has claimed this week.

7 Likes

Or they are doing it out of contractual obligations for marketing.

2 Likes

Yeah, I guess so. You think there are marketing contracts requiring big showcases?

1 Like

From listening to some of Double Fine’s stuff we know they were contractually obligated to have a video for one of Sony’s showcases for Rhombus of Ruin and weren’t thrilled about timing. That was presumably part of their publishing agreement or something. Looking at it the other way for big titles where they buy at least marketing rights, it seems like the biggest thing they could do in return for the rights is to show it in one of their showcases, so this at least seems plausible.

The other way around I get and know of. Like you say, anything is possible but I doubt it.

1 Like

Fair enough, we don’t really know and I have no random info, but I definitely could see at least some bigger titles requiring some sort of assurances as to how much Sony would feature it before agreeing to a marketing deal. Something like, will be shown on the main dash area and in shows for x minutes don’t seem unreasonable things to iron out as part of a contract.

1 Like

It is thought that they’ve had State of Play’s to settle contractual obligations as part of marketing agreements. I suppose that could influence the timing of an event like a Showcase as well.

Either way, we’ll see in a few days.

1 Like

This. I’m fully expecting to come out of the PlayStation Showcase with more games for me personally than I am with the Xbox Showcase.

Agreed. Sony has always been after the Xbox show except for 2020 but that was also because Microsoft had that horrible May 2020 showcase which was before the PlayStation Showcase and then in July 2020, Microsoft had their main showcase. So yeah, Sony must have one hell of a showcase lined up.

I agree with this and hope for the same but in my mind, the Xbox Showcase is already set in stone and I don’t see them changing/adding anything to it because of the PlayStation Showcase this Wednesday. If anything, I can see Microsoft pulling games if what they’re showing isn’t up to par.

I can see certain games that Sony pays for a marketing deal that is required to be shown at a major showcase. Hogwarts Legacy in September 2020 is a good example.

Heads up for any Aussies here. Target has the Ps5 Ragnarök bundle for $200 off.

https://www.target.com.au/p/playstation-5-console-god-of-war-ragnar-k-bundle/67582860

1 Like

I Wonder if they’ll do PS+ extra/premium perks

Tomorrow is a big day for gamers, don’t know who will appeare in the showcase but it always great to have the latest news from top developers around the world. Hopefully there is some room for fighting games and beat’m up and platforms and my personal wishlist:

Fighting:

• DOA Next
  • Bloody Roar Rivive
  • Playstaition original IP

Beat’m up:

• Golden Axe/ What’s new from DotEmu
  • One Piece WP5/ What’s new from Omega Force
  • New Dragon’s Crown

Platforms:

• Amber Lab next
  • Anything like old Rare’s IPs especially Kameo.

That’s pretty cool. It looks awesome. It’s on Xbox too I suppose ?

4 Likes