PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

Can you sue Sony for this? seem it a design flaw. If this become widespread they might be forced to send you free replacement.

Nintendo gets away with it because their fanbase doesnt give a shit about anything online related. They only care about local storage saves. If the next switch wasnt digital BC and you had to rebuy all your stuff. They would happily rebuy all their stuff.

The fact that switch had blutooth support but nintendo blocked it via software update is scandelous.

We like to bash sony a lot but actually they got a lot of shit regarding their online and improved drastically with ps4 gen. Still behind xbox but better.

Nintendo could get away with absolute murder.

If xbox had a system as bad and a big of a flop as wii u theyd be hounded out of the industry snd it would be labelled the worst system of all time.

That can’t be genuine, can it? :eyes:

Just saw something similar…

If it breaks it breaks, I simply wont replace it.

So… PS5 is still superhard to get in my country but I guess I was ‘lucky?’ enough to receive an invitation from Amazon to buy it (blu-ray model, 550 €). The thing is I have an extremely important exam in June so I won´t have a lot of time to game this first half of the year and the Slim model (releases around September, if reports are to be believed. A smaller revision is very much needed.

On the other hand, I have a small backlog of PS4 games I am not playing because I wanted to play them on PS5 because of better performance and I like the Dual Sense as a controller. There are some PS5 exclusives I want to play on PS5, but if I have waited till now, I guess I could wait a little more…

What would you do in my place?

• Buy it
  • Wait for the Slim model

0 voters

2023 is a crazy year for GP so I’d say wait for a slim model/price cut. Personally speaking there isn’t a game in the horizon that will make me buy a PS5 plus I’ve already played/checked out everything I wanted from the PS4 library, games like The Last Guardian and Bloodborne could convince me to get a PS5 at the end of the gen (the cheaper the better) but as of now Ueda’s game will be multiplatform and there isn’t a From exclusive announced so I am all good. :philwins:

1 Like

I voted to buy it for two reasons - first, just so you know you have it and no longer have to try to get one and second, if you’re someone who buys and plays games physically via disc, then with the slim, you’ll most likely have to buy the disc attachment. Who knows how much Sony is going to charge for it and who knows how it will work compared to having an internal disc drive.

If you’re digital only, then I would say to wait for the slim model as I don’t see there being any difference than their current digital only model except being smaller.

2 Likes

The stock shortages seem to be smoothing out, but there’s no guarantee that will apply to the slim model if it comes later this year. There’ll likely be a strong demand for it at launch, and you might find yourself waiting even longer if you go that route, so I voted “buy it”.

1 Like

I voted wait. With the rumors of leaking liquid cooling going around it might be wise to wait for the revision. The stock is improving so maybe wait until the new model is revealed at least. It may end up being something you really like or really don’t like.

On the other hand you can buy now and sell it later without too much loss, maybe.

1 Like

I still dont have a ps5. Was planning to get one in 2023. I might wait for revision or slim version

1 Like

Sony to release new console bundle with 2 controllers? I hope they still offer the base without any bundles otherwise they effectively permanently increased the cost of entry.

Yeah, I haven’t seen a non-bundle version in a very long time here. The God of War bundled one goes for €769…

Meanwhile the Series X is sold at €569 and the Series S at €349.

PS5 is expensive af, still sold out all the time though.

1 Like

Two controllers will be fantastic to play all their first party games with my friends…

• God of War
  • Last of Us
  • Spider-Man
  • Horizon
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Days Gone

4 Likes

It’s more like their battery life is so short that you need a second dualsense anyway. :stuck_out_tongue: :phil_lmao:

6 Likes

1 Like

There are only bundles available here too. I asked at a local store here and apparently Sony is only giving bundles to the stores, “officially” there are no base PS5 consoles available here.

1 Like

I’m assuming this would also come to Playstation Plus for PC. If only they would bring streaming to Android and iOS.

So this means that they’re allocating some PS5s to be servers?

That would be awesome, I’d love to be able to knock out some exclusives without a hardware investment. Unclear if it would be like the GPU model or purchasing a cloud license for a game outright like what MS have been working on but not released yet.

Yeah. I recently sold my PS4 Pro and I just kind of assumed my PS+ Premium subscription was going to go to waste because I had completely forgotten about the PC streaming. I have an AYN Odin, so Android would be ideal, but at least I’ll hopefully have the option I guess.