PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

I have an Odin Lite! Android streaming would be awesome. Xbplay is great for remote and cloud streaming, would love a similar thing for PS.

I’d never heard of Xbplay before. Does it work better than the Xbox app?

Edit: Interesting, it somehow seems to get around the restriction of launching the Store on the Xbox that the Xbox app has. The XCloud interface seems really bad though. Usable, but barely. Also I seem to get an error when trying to quite either XCloud or Xbox streaming. Other than that it seems pretty solid.

Yeah, if you’re willing to get past the not-great looks and that it isn’t as seamless as the official solutions, it’s pretty neat. The big thing it can do is up the quality from 720p to 1080p. I’ve been using it on an Android TV to remote play from the other room and it’s been cool.

4 Likes

And thats with carefully selected reviewers. :eyes:

7 Likes

After Babylon’s Fall and Forspoken, Sony will think more than once before signing new exclusivity contracts with Square Enix (maybe only with Final Fantasy).

I use Xbplay as well… For local streaming

It is more reliable then the Xbox app itself when it comes image quality and smoothness

1 Like

This one is for 2 years :laughing:

Square is the winner here

3 Likes

I expected 68 but its doing even worse. And this is with limited reviews.

2 years timed exclusive for that?.. lol they can keep it as a perm exclusive.

1 Like

As a rule, I try not to indulge in sour grapes too often, but when they’re presented to me on a platter…

Let’s just say I wish Sony had put the money for this deal into something else, like improving their BC selection on PS+.

5 Likes

Youre blaming only SE? I blame Sony. Noone signs a 2 year deal for shit games. Its on them for doing it to spite xbox. And SE for bending over as well

Moments like these is great. Hope the game bombs hard

Also lets see if this xenophobic company comes out and ceiticises Forspoken devs like they do with every one of their god damn american devs(which theyve now flogged off like in a flea market)

2 Likes

Hahahaha. That would require sound logic.

2 Likes

The sale is going to be a scary sight to see for Square.

Whilst the game is most certainly sheit, I don’t think we should be too focused on review scores. Sea of Thieves and High On Life comes to mind.

But considering the 10 extra points a PS exclusive automatically receives this is not good lol.

7 Likes

More or less expected after the unhappy response to the demo. I still think the game looks like a decent time for $20 down the road someday, with expectations appropriately lowered.

The game would obviously benefit from being on a subscription service, but Sony opted not to include it on theirs and SquareEnix opted to take the deal to keep it PS5 and PC only.

1 Like

Yeah if this comes to PS+ further down the line I’d be interested to give it a try

I don’t follow him but first time seeing “Do not buy.”

1 Like

SE opted to also greenlight the game knowing how ambituous it was and how it wouldnt deliver.

From the reviews im reading…game is directionless. Kind of fitting from the team that made FFXV. One of the most directionless misguided souless jrpgs of all time

And for the HoL and Sea of thieves comparison…HoL was a polished game that people disliked a lot fo the writing and humour which had polarising opinion from critics to actual gamers. Game was absolutely fine.

Sea of thieves was bare bones at launch and deserved those low scores. No way in hell would SoT get the scores back then if it launched the way it is even a year after launch.

And im guessing youre talking about a criticaly bad game which gamers enjoyed…this wont be the case. Also no PC reviews whatsoever. Red flag right there.