PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

You’re welcome Mort. lol

I loved Tsushima and Days Gone. Not a souls guy so I can’t comment on Demon’s Souls but most people said it’s one hell of a remake/remaster of the original game. Bluepoint Games is pretty damn good so no real surprise there.

Definitely recommend both Horizon games and both Spider Man games if you’re into them. And if you want to play a less serious game, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart is great.

Keep us all updated on your PS5 journey!!! lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve played the first Horizon and Spiderman so I will definitely get Forbidden West and Miles. I’m hunting deals all the time now hehe. Got all the hardware stuff I needed though, a very nice looking red controller and a charging station to solve the battery issue. Headphones too.

This one, pretty nice:

2 Likes

I really don’t like to come into a thread just to be negative, but I had a pretty irritating experience with the PS web store. I’ve complained in the past about some issues the MS store has, but this was pretty egregious.

I had heard that the new update to The Witcher 3 had some kind of cross-save functionality, where you load up an old save and save manually to upload it or something. I had played the physical copy of the game on my PS4 back in the day, and although I don’t see myself revisiting it any time soon, it would be nice to have access to that stuff on my digital Xbox version for a New Game Plus or whatever.

I’m not really sure if I still have my old save at this point since I think PS+ just gets rid of them if you don’t sub for a while? My PS4 is unplugged so for now I just wanted to see if the digital copy of the game was like ten bucks or something. I head over to the PlayStation store and do a search:

Then I remember that it’s like The Witcher III (claw marks) Wild Hunt or something like that and simplify:

Tried again with just “wild” and still nothing. I figure maybe I need to log in, but that still didn’t work. Tried a different browser and even another device but still no dice. I was about to give up when I saw that it was actually on the front page under “New Releases” which…sure. I got my answer, it’s like 24 bucks so no thank you.

I just looked again before posting this and now it’s working perfectly. No indication that anything was ever wrong :person_shrugging:

People (toxic fanboys) fear monger online about how Game Pass is a slippery slope towards a future where we can only rent our games, but I (a person not subbed to GP) can buy literally ever single thing that is available on Game Pass. Meanwhile, both Nintendo and PlayStation have subscription-only exclusives. Bring back the Virtual Console Nintendo!

4 Likes

Got my PS5 set up now! Some first impressions:

The console is pretty damn amazing tbh, it feels “next-gen” and a huuge step up from the PS4. It’s hilariously big though, but the space-y design is growing on me.

The controllers are very cool, first PS controllers that actually feels good to hold in my hands (I hated the DS4) and with a lot of features that makes it feel like a proper upgrade. I haven’t quite tested it hard yet but so far so good. They also look pretty nice!

The UI is great, everything is fast and responsive and looks nice.

Hate to say it but… It really feels like Premium™ console gaming. Just looking at the kind of games I picked up adds to that feeling.

8 Likes

Oh no…

1 Like

Two years later and the PS5 is still has less functionality than the PS4.

1 Like

Oh, and the haul of games I got to play on this beast:

• God of War: Ragnarök
  • Spiderman: Miles Morales
  • Horizon: Forbidden West
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Demon’s Souls
  • FF VII Remake Integrade
  • Death Stranding: Director’s Cut
  • Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut
  • Stray
  • Days Gone
  • The Last of Us: Part 1

Coming with me from the PS4 backlog:

• God of War
  • Uncharted 3
  • Uncharted 4
  • Uncharted: Lost Legacy
  • The Last of Us: Part 2

Just look at that freaking list. Damn.

7 Likes

As long as you don’t start saying Xbots, or that Game Pass is such a bad value, we’re fine. More seriously though, nice get !

4 Likes

Damn nice haul, is that including PS+ games?

Dang bro, Merry Christmas to you.

2 Likes

I got my ps5 at black Friday. It is fine, controllers have bad battery life and not a fan of the triggers but at least first party games are cheap after 3 years.

Games are hit or miss for me. So far liked ratchet and clank, thought until dawn was overhyped, and 6 hours into horizon zero dawn and not feeling it.

I’m most excited to play square enix games I haven’t played like the mana series and the FF pixel remasters.

If you’re new to the ecosystem, then you got good amount of games to look forward to then.

1 Like

Nah, these are games I bought mostly in sales the last couple weeks. Except the PS4 backlog, those I allready had.

I’ll hold off on PS Plus for a bit, feels like I have enough games to last me a bit before I dive into that.

1 Like

Yeah I pre-emptively bough two controllers and a charging stand to take care of the battery problems. So that’s a non-issue now.

Yeah, there’s a lot of games suddenly available now.

Thanks, hehe.

Haha, I’m not a full member of the Cult just yet. I’m just done with waiting, waiting, waiting. :wink:

1 Like

On that part, I’ve got too big of a backlog that I have a hard time waiting. i’m already neglecting the Switch as it is, that a PS5 would feel too much. Maybe, by the end of the generation.

2 Likes

I have a lot of games and had the same plan originally for the end of the gen, but I started to feel like I missed out on the new-gen-smell so to speak and I’m getting that with PlayStation.

All the better for you. So far, i’m not impressed by the next-gen design, which I find redundant, and too easy.

we lost one

:smiley:

1 Like

Nice!!! Glad to hear so far so good. Yeah, outside of the console being huge, everything else is really good. I like the size and bulkyness of the controller. Still hate the touch pad though. lol

UI and all that is really good. I do prefer it over Xbox. It just looks better, is crisper and cleaner.

Hope you enjoy the games and everything. Miles, Ratchet, HFW and GOWR are all excellent games in my opinion but they are “my type” of games so. I do think the first two are on PS+ Deluxe so you can always “rent” them instead of buying them.

Comments in parenthesis. Overall, you have one hell of a list. All amazing games for the most part especially if you’re into single player story driven games.

P.S. - As if your backlog needed any more games!!! lmao

I agree. I don’t use it outside of full exclusives but PlayStation 5 will go down as the best secondary console that I have ever owned and we’re only 25% into the generation. lol

1 Like