PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

Doesn’t PS have a library sharing feature? If you have a PS4 or 5, maybe you could slip your friend 10-15 bucks and play it that way?

I do appreciate the device-agnostic approach that MS are pushing, but I don’t know that I would want to play a full, long action game via streaming only.

I don’t have a PS console.

I tried PSNow when it was available and my experience was fine all things considered, and a game like GoW honestly doesn’t need the best latency, I’d put it on the easiest difficulty and it’ll probably be fine.

1 Like

Fair enough to both of your points! I would love if Sony were to expand the reach of their games, but I think their business model is still too device-centric unfortunately. And the late full-price PC ports are better than nothing but still not ideal.

Hopefully MS will become a more serious contender in the space and Sony will feel pressure to improve in this (and other) regards.

A 1 hour trial of Sniper Elite 5 coming to PlayStation Plus Premium …

2 Likes

“Can we get what Game Pass users have?”

“No.”

3 Likes

It’s still on Game Pass. Was added Day One in May 2022. It will likely be there until May 2023.

1 Like

It’s still there? I thought it was removed. I believe I got the wrong game then. Odd. I could have sworn it was something similar that got removed.

I thought something similar was removed as well, but I cant remember the name, and I see this when I browse to it:

The more I think about it, I think this is one game that had developer announced that they’re not leaving. Not sure if it was this game though.

It was Sniper Elite 4 that got removed I think.

2 Likes

:phil_lmao:

1 Like

1 hour is barely enough to get a taste, and while I guess that’s what they’re going for in order to drive sales, it kinda seems like they should just give all their users an hour instead if they want to do that.

Yeah, looks like 4 isn’t part of it anymore. I think it was added to Game Pass in November of 2018, so 4 years was a good run. That was one of the first games I tried playing on my phone if I remember right

3 Likes

It means that consumers benefit, Sony can’t do that :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

God of War Ragnarök

Just got to the end of the Game (76h Playtime), what an incredible ride, the graphics, gameplay performances, music and Story are on another level. What a tightly curated and beautiful creation, from start to end it kept you gripped and is up there with the finest in the world of video games.

This is what big budget gaming could and should look like. I can’t imagine how much work went into making this game but it really paid off.

A little hint

Those multi Berserker boss fights are the hardest in the game and you should not be attempting them before hitting level 8.

They are yellow bars in your game. Level up some more and come back. They are already hard enough as it is on green.

1 Like

So… what should I think about when getting a PS5? Is that Pulse headset decent? How’s the battery life on the Dual Sense? Maybe get a second controller right away?

Is PS Plus Extra the best option of the rather confusing tiers?

I don’t know about the rest (I mean, battery life seems fine? I tend to just plug them in when I’m done playing anyway so it’s hard to tell) but PS Plus Extra is probably the best choice - the only thing you miss out on is cloud options and older games. With extra you still get the monthly essential games, most of the library of PS4/5 games and the PS+ Collection (a sorta starter kit of some of the essential PS4 titles). Plus if you do feel like you made the wrong choice and you want to get PS+ Premium the upgrade system is pretty well set up. I ended up upgrading to PS+ Extra for a while when I had a few months of PS+ Essential on my account cause it just offered to upgrade it for something silly like £8.

1 Like

Thanks!

I wasn’t planning on getting a PS5 for a long time yet, but I can’t be arsed to wait for everything anymore. Hope I can find one for xmas.

4 Likes

Isn’t it your backlog doing the waiting lol

3 Likes

I have never used headsets so I can’t say as I have never had an urge to go beyond my TV speakers. The battery life is bad. My advice would be to turn off all the haptics and triggers to save some battery life and always be aware of it so you can charge it the night before you know you’re going to play a game.

PS+ Extra is easily the best tier. Gives you some first party games, a pretty big back catalog (which on second thought, might be a bad thing for you, lol), cloud saves and online multi-player access.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah… poor thing. lol