PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

Arw you doing both Game Pass and PS+ extra? I looked into it but seemed hard to juggle both. Or is it easier for you since you hop in and out based on the releases?

I play mostly very late so I have to use a headset, but I prefer it anyway. It’s good for immersion!

Aight, suspected as much. Might get a second controller then to always have one ready to go.

Nice, they seem to be selling full year subs (why is this not a thing on XGP?) so should be able to get a good deal somewhere. Yeah more backlog is what I need! haha

It does, thanks man.

1 Like

Another, probably dumb, question:

Can I play my physical PS4 games on the PS5? Speaking of backlog and all… :wink:

I haven’t subscribed to PS Plus in years. I did do PS Now for a month a few years ago to check out Heavenly Sword but the latency and/or game itself was so bad that I just said fuck it and turned it off.

Unless Sony gives me a day one game that I want to play, I have no reason to subscribe to it. The only interest I have is replaying Spider Man 2018 and Miles before Spider Man 2 releases but that’s 50/50. It’s more of a if I do, I do and if I don’t, I don’t.

As for Game Pass, yeah, I only subscribe when there’s a day one game that I want to play. Requiem was the last and I will sub again in early January to play through the Lego Star Wars game and give MH Rise a shot to see if I like it. So basically, yes, it’s easier for me since I do sign up for a month and then move on until the next day one game that I want to play.

Okay. This makes sense. You should research them because im assuming that there’s a few of them out there but I don’t know which ones are great or not. Sorry bud.

Yeah, I only use the PS5 for exclusives but playing HFW or GOWR and having to charge the controller every other day since I can play 8-10 hours in a single day if im off from work was very fucking annoying and the controller does NOT charge if the console is turned off, unlike Xbox Series X.

Okay. I’m a month only at a time guy. Hehehe. But I agree with Xbox, there should be a full year cheaper option.

You’re welcome bud. :slight_smile:

As far as I know, yes. You may have to download an update to play the disc but otherwise, you shouldn’t have any issues. I know there was a list of games that weren’t BC but it was like maybe 10-15 games total and some of them, I never even heard of. I know the list is out there if you want to look for it.

1 Like

You sure? Pretty sure if u put it in standby as opposed to off it’ll charge.

1 Like

Skip the pulse headset .

Ps+ essentials is good enough, but extra is a nice tier but lots of overlap with gamepass

1 Like

I don’t use standby. Never have. No reason for me to do so. So perhaps you’re right, I don’t know. I always shut down the console. Do the same with Xbox and the controller still charges. Also, I remember people using standby and it bricking the console back at launch but since I don’t use it, I didn’t really look into it.

Do you have any recommendations for a headset?

Yeah, I’ll have to look (more) into which tier suits me best.

With the prices on electricity being absolutely bonkers I have also started to turn my consoles off properly, so that’s good to know.

1 Like

Are you looking for wireless or wired and what’s price range ?

I would think if one is doing wired, then whatever is used for xbox would work for PS.

Does PS do normal bluetooth headsets? If so then if one has the XB Wireless headset it might be able to pair with the PS too.

Wireless, and not too expensive. $150 ish maybe?

Oh, that would be neat. It’s what I use now.

Eep, not looking good, from what I’m running across:

Can You Use Bluetooth Headphones as a PS5 Headset?

The short answer to this question is no. While the PS5 is able to support a variety of different headsets with various connections, it is unlikely that straight up Bluetooth headphones will be compatible. This is mostly due to the fact that the PS5 does not currently support Bluetooth audio. There are some ways around this problem, but it’s easier to just get a compatible headset instead.

Ah well, it would have been nice. Thanks though

We need the EU to come in and fix this whole wireless audio thing, lol. If I buy some $300 headphones/headset I expect to use them on every damn device I have.

3 Likes

This looks like a pretty good idea for the controllers? It doesn’t have to be connected to the console by the looks of it so that would solve that issue.

1 Like

get HyperX Cloud II Wireless, but I’ll be honest sound quality for wireless is nowhere close to wired, but if looking at that range that’s a solid one that’s better than pulse

1 Like

Yeah, but i have broken 100% of my wired headsets too soon thanks to the %#!/& wire so I’m never buying another pair, sound quality be damned lol.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll look into those!

1 Like

Haha, found these on sale for €99 (regular price €175).

Bought!

Edit: Let’s hope I can find a PS5 too then, hehe.

1 Like

Played the Forspoken demo and man, was it boring. The world is beautiful but too big, somewhat empty and just nothing truly interesting. I completed the five objectives and the special challenge all without dying. Not a fan of the UI at all and the camera is bad. Couldn’t get it to stay behind me regardless of the option I selected. Needless to say, I will not be buying the game for $70. I’ll wait for if/when it releases on Game Pass in 2025. lol

3 Likes