PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

I’ve just spent half an hour trying to make sense of PS Plus. I still don’t get everything, the tiers are dumb and confusing as is their website. Ended up saying f*'k it and no black friday deals for me.

1 Like

I guess that’s why they haven’t been acquired.

They were acquired in 2021

1 Like

They’re owned by Sony, again. You don’t remember this funny timeline?

1. Sony acquires Psygnosis
  2. Sony renames Psygnosis to Studio Liverpool
  3. Sony closes Studio Liverpool
  4. Former Studio Liverpool created Firesprite.
  5. Sony acquires Firesprite.

Not too sure on exact timeline of points 3 and 4, might need to swap them.

3 Likes

Bit concerning considering this is a new acquisition - you’d think Sony were pretty confident in the game if they acquired the studio before it had even been announced (even with their prior ties to Sony), but equally it’s an unannounced title and sometimes they just don’t work out :man_shrugging:

Basic comes with online multiplayer and monthly games. PS+ Extra is basic plus their subscription library of PS4/5 games available to download, PS+ Premium has all that plus a selection of older games to download and PS3 games to stream. The weird part is remastered games that were released on PS4/5 which are split between extra and premium just to be really confusing.

ABK deal happened and Sony wants COD competitor ASAP :joy: Sony was like: chop, chop! we need to rework everything fast.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I am not enjoying Ragnarok. I feel the pacing of the game is awful with all of these puzzles that just kill my mood.

1 Like

I played 2 hours of the previous game and got bored. Does the previous game get any better?

I am about 14 hours in and the pacing doesn’t feel right to me imo. I feel puzzles get tact on and feels like bigger world that is a bit empty. The combat is better though, but wish I never seen metacritic score because i am a bit more critical of games when i see super high scores

Oh crap, I got mixed up with the developers of CoD zombies. Sorry, everyone.

Wonder if that is around the time it enters into Game Pass.

But what about PlayStation Plus Collection, Ubisoft+ and streaming PS4/5 games? What about the cloud saves, what happens if I don’t have PS plus anymore?

The Classics, what are those? Are they separate from Collection and library? Why? Can I stream those?

Also, these trials? Is that demos or a set amount of time like in EA Play?

2 Likes

Actually I haven’t heard much about those trials. What is going on with them? I remember Xbox supposed to have something like that too :thinking:

Sony really isn’t shy about killing projects… it’s just that the media tends to not cover it all that much.

1 Like

It’s not just you. The game bored me to tears if I’m honest.

1 Like

Sold my PS5 and for the moment at least I’m ending it with PlayStation. Basically after my wife didn’t want me to get VR and after playing God of War Ragnarok I just wasn’t into the current PlayStation vibe. I understand the appeal but I’m thinking I’ve changed or something because modern PlayStation games aren’t really pulling me in anymore.

I got a good price from GameStop $409 for console and extra controller. I used the credit to buy a gaming PC from them. If me and my son want to play Spider-Man we will just use the PC. :v::peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Oh damn. Did you at least complete GOWR before trading it all in?

In general, I understand the way you feel. I have been feeling the same way but not to the extent that I would trade in my PlayStation 5. Too many upcoming games that I want to play. But I get it. :slight_smile:

Finished God Of War Ragnarok and let 1 week go by to gather all my thoughts. Even though the game is pretty good, I was left extremely underwhelmed by the end of it.

At first I wanted to divide what I thought about the game into what it did good and what it did bad. But nothing in the game can be said to be “bad stuff” but it’s more appropriate to say “not good stuff”.

The Graphics and Animations are some of the best in the business even though the Art Design itself can be simply described as “forest, desert, ruins, snow place, jungle…”, nothing truly unique and “researched”.

The Dialogues are some of the most constantly best written dialogue in any videogame, even though the tone has been heavily “marvelized” with a lot of jokes, most well fit and others forced and out-of-place.

The combat is good, a great improvement over GoW2018 but the foundation and structure is basicaly the same. It’s the best they could have done since switching to a more RPG-like system, with planty of numbers all over the place and upgradable weapons/armors/charms… that exist only because that’s the “cool thing” that everyone wants.

The UI/Menus are garbage, whoever designed and allowed those to be in the final game should be put in jail.

The OST is completely forgettable and anonymous, doesn’t stand out in any way. Just bland.

The Main Characters where great. Odin and Thor were the highlight of the game. Agdabala was hands’down the worst character, her introduction is long and boring, translating the same feeling to her. And every thing she does is explained with “Giant Magic”, which is annoying.

The Story is all over the place. Starts very good and then it’s a rollercoster. Certain sections are to long and become boring, others are to stretched and feel like the developpers had to add stuff to make the game longer, other times I didn’t even understand why I was doing certain things, other parts felt like being underdevelopped. What’s worst is that some parts have a bad Story Writing with some events not making any sense (Sif, 2 Valkiries, Ragnarok). All the end section of the story is a fusion of all the above creating a pretty underwhelming and dissapointing ending section and finale.

Side Quests are boring. Aside a couple focused on Mimir and Freya, all the other side quests are pretty standard / borderline bad. I laugh at some reviewers saying Ragnarok had better Side Quests than Witcher 3. They must have played a completely different game.

Final score: 7.5/10

5 Likes

A good friend of mine and huge god of war fan had the same feeling about the UI. He said its ugly and a step down from 2018

I would be playing GoWR currently if Sony offered it on a $10-15 Cloud subscription. All my options currently are too costly. I thought about asking a friend to borrow their PS4 but I’m shy af lol

Looks like I’ll be waiting a while before I get to play it

2 Likes