PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

Half-Life would be really helpful to justify the price.

1 Like

Color me surprised by that psvr2 price. A pretty good deal for the tech.

That said. I have no interest

It cme in at $50 under what I was hearing, so thats a pleasant surprise, but its still thr full price of a PS5 console. Its a big step for those waiting to get a bundle of the two.

1 Like

Yeah, its still steep. VR is a non-starter for me due to motion sickness.

Why no Beat Saber? Also isn’t Alyx rumoured for 2023?

Meta owns Beat Saber and honestly I’m not sure Valve would put Alyx anywhere besides Steam VR. It’s their massive investment to go alongside the Index and SteamVR

1 Like

Almost 1200€ in a european wide recession just to play Crossfire and puke. Very interesting proposition. I’m sure this will help VR to finally get mainstream.

1 Like

BRUH, if you wanted to get into PS5 + PSVR2/HFW bundle that will set you back $1789 AUD right now… or just under $1150 USD. This includes 2 games being Horizon on PS5 which is bundled with the console and Horizon for VR bundle.

3 Likes

Didn’t Meta and Sony just work out a deal to put Iron Man VR on the Quest? I’m guessing they’re working together in at least some capacity. Regarding Alyx, I’m just going by what I’ve seen from rumors from @Shpeshal_Nick.

1 Like

Oculus Studios acquires Camouflaj, the Seattle-area studio behind ‘Iron Man VR’ – GeekWire

1 Like

Isn’t SIE the publisher?

Yes, but it’s not their IP so making a deal to bring the game to another platform is a different proposition.

Personally, if Sony really wanted PSVR 2 to have a good launch sales wise, coming in at $500 with Horizon VR would have been the way to do it. But $550 or $600 with Horizon VR, UGH. The tech appears to be really good but entry price is $1100 minimum when you factor in needing a PS5 itself. I always pegged the PSVR 2 as being under 15m life time sales but now, im going to adjust it and say it will be under 12m in life time sales unless it gets a quick price cut which is highly unlikely.

2 Likes

PSVR sold 5m on 100m userbase and Quest sold around 15m being cheaper and without separate device requirement (console). I don’t see how PSVR2 can reach 10m.

4 Likes

I thought the first was 10m but I mixed it up with the PS4 Pro. As of December 31st, 2019, PSVR sold 5m units. Even if you say another 1m or so, yeah, that’s not good at all.

I’m revising my prediction which is now under 8m especially since the price of entry is $300+ more expensive then the first PSVR.

1 Like

Yeah it’s lower than I expected. Shame about missing Half-Life Alyx though, that would have been a real killer app.

I think 600€ is a lot of money but also expected in 2022. Still I think this thing will unfortunately not take off. The honeymoon phase is over for VR and there really wasnt anything shown people haven’texperiences before. So not everyone who was hyped for the first one will dip again this time. The hard playstation fans will drive a few million sales but thats it I believe.

That Horizon has to be the absolute must have to push the device big time.

Naw, I’m not really that interested in it. I will be upset if the Horizon VR bundle is the only one available.

2 Likes