PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

Now that would be hilarious.

If will be interesting to see what they do (if anything). I can see some interesting homebrew being installed.

1 Like

So after having an xbox for years i finally got a ps5 as well to basically play exclusives. When i went to the store i got like 10 games but that was it. Am i missing something? I always here xbox has no games but looking on my xbox i see way more exclusives then playstation… where are all the games?

A comment I saw from local radio host on KFAN who does a weekly radio show with Game Informer’s Andrew Reiner. Just kind of shows that this false narrative of PlayStation has tons of games is shifting.

https://twitter.com/PaulCharchian/status/1581013677729517568

PlayStation is basically a lot of smoke and mirrors propped up by a fanatical cult. PlayStation doesn’t even have very many ip and even if it suddenly gained as many studios as Xbox they would need to acquire ip.

I said the other day on here that after God of War Ragnarok I’m going to end up unplugging my PS5 for a year or two until the next big PS5 game lol

There is no narrative that Playstation 1st party is great, it’s simply a fact, they have a great quality and output pipeline, this is irrelevant to whether you personally like everything they make or not.

What is actually smoke and mirrors narratives that you might be confusing is the notion that they’re the only good ones out there, the cherry picking and selective attitude on what counts and what doesn’t (basically, only PS games count), the dismissiveness of other developers/platforms that results as a means to prop PS studios, the idea that everyone who buys a PlayStation buys it for the 1st party exclusives, and the hostility towards daring to dislike or criticize their games and approach in any way.

3 Likes

Even casuals are openly mocking PlayStation for remasters at this point.

Let’s just be honest. When people say PlayStation studios are great, they are basically talking about Naughty Dog, Insomniac, and Santa Monica.

2 Likes

If anything it’s the other way around. Sony delivers must have or play games. The games released for Xbox since he’s taken over have been pretty poor compared to the competition.

2022 was supposed to THE year. Instead, we’ve gotten one indie-level Obsidian game. That’s it. Literally the only game for an entire calendar year.

There’s a huge gap in first party quality between MS and Sony and I don’t see it closing anytime soon. It just seems MS is really troubled delivering great games that everyone would like to play.

I mean Forza and Flight Simulator are both amazing looking games but most people will not even start up those games, and if they do they probably mostly quit playing them after a few hours.

Somehow Sonys games are just much more fun to play in general so it’s quite clear why they have a huge advantage in sales. Lets hope that MS will deliver with their new games which seemingly take forever to create, but I think most will turn out just like with Halo Infinite

Thanks for being a direct example of what I just talked about.

5 Likes

1 Like

When we say a cult, we mean it. It’s not a joke anymore.

2 Likes

LOL

1 Like

I appreciate your comment. For me personally i really like xboxes first party games. I played some during the 360 days then stopped for until 2016. When i got back i had a big back catalog and although a couple were just okay, most were really enjoyable.

In contrast I’m not even finding as many playstation games to play. I never liked souls like games or uncharted, but am just surprised I’m having issues finding exclusive games to buy.

I skipped PS3 and PS4 and probably played around a similar number when I got my PS5. I think the bar might be a little higher when going back to old games. I found the PS Plus Collection pretty nice for a month or two.

1 Like

Do you have any recommendations besides flagship titles? I have jak games, horizon, last of us, god of war, ghost, sackboy, ratchet games, Spider-Man games, days gone, and the Wipeout collection

1 Like

Not really, the other ones I played were games like Persona 5 (now on Xbox) and FF7 Remake. Also gave Nioh a shot by souls like games aren’t my jam.

Don’t sleep on Astro’s Playroom. It’s good fun.

1 Like

When it comes to PlayStation the majority of their ‘exclusives’ have always been third party, it’s always just portrayed as being first party.

Like @GamepadX mentioned I think from a first party output most people are only interested in Naughty Dog, Insomniac, and Santa Monica.

From the CMA discussions Xbox accused PlayStation of securing exclusivity on 280 games in 2021:

When you start looking at the third party exclusives such as Kena Bride of Spirits, Stray, Bloodborne & Final Fantasy etc I’m sure there are some other games you may enjoy. Even the timed exclusives on PS normally end up as full exclusives (Kena for example).

Here are some of them (there are many more Japanese titles):

So PSVR2 is $600 / €650 / £570 with the Horizon Call of the Mountain experience and $50 cheaper without that experience ( $550 / €600 / £530 ). Includes PSVR2 headset, PSVR2 Sense controllers and stereo headphones Releases February 22, 2023.

3 Likes

Launch lineup of 11 games (so far) announced. A mix of new and ports but no beat saber or HL: Alyx, the two definitive VR games *yet

Horizon - New

Dark Pictures - New

Crossfire - New

The Light Brigade - New

Cities VR - Port

Cosmonious High - Port

Hello Neighbor VR - New

Jurassic World Aftermath - Port

Pistol Whip - on PSVR

Zenith - on PSVR

After the Fall - on PSVR

Tentacular - New

4 Likes

I was seeing some say there will be 22 games / experiences for it. Not sure where they got that info from.