PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

My guess is mid-September.

Nick said his sources said something in August potentially.

HaloPrimal

Hope no one subscribed to PS Plus Premium for that sweet BC back catalog of classics. This is what, month three? And they’ve already run out of retro games to add?!

6 Likes

The highest tier is such a joke.

4 Likes

I was happy about Stray being free and I finally got to try out Returnal. Beyond that I have a hard time justifying even the basic PS Plus tier so I plan to just let it run out when my subscription is up. If I’m honest Fall Guys was the main reason I was subscribing to PlayStation Plus in the first place and now that’s on Xbox which is my preferred platform.

1 Like

Premium seems only good for a trial and that’s it. The amount of support for it is mind blowing.

I’m right there with you man! I absolutely loved the first half and with some of the turns in the final bit (and pretty much all of Abby’s run), I was just waiting for it to be over. Had they trimmed some fat and not contradicted their narrative a bit with Abby’s faction, I think it would have gone down better than the first for me (which I loved).

1 Like

I bought 12 months of PS+ a while back for cheap and it offered me the chance to upgrade my last few months to PS+ Extra fairly cheap. There’s definitely a few games I want to play and they’re adding at least one new game this month I want to play - so overall I’m likely to be happy with my purchase. But I so far can’t really see it as essential as Game pass - I think the promise of day one games is just too big an advantage and gives me reason to be an active subscriber month after month. Whereas for PS+ extra I could see myself not renewing and just picking it up from time to time when there’s a few games I want to try.

As for PS+ Premium - it does have to be noted it comes with the PS3 catalogue that PS Now had so it’s not JUST the PS1/2/PSP games but as someone with bad internet it just wasn’t worth the extra cost and the lack of support in adding new classic games only reinforces that. Though I’m frustrated they have decided that an inconsistent range of PS4 games will be only available on PS+ Premium.

I brought this up when the service was first announced. They are not immune to the same licensing problems that MS and Nintendo have with their classic game services.

I converted my sub to the highest tier to try it all out, but when it expires next year I likely won’t renew PS+ at all.

The worst joke is including remasters in the Classics list.

“Our customers are asking for backwards compatible retro games? Throw them the PS4 versions of Bioshock Infinite and Assassin’s Creed II. Those count as retro, right?”

Like could they miss the point any harder?

4 Likes

And Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 Remastered.

It will be worth it once they add PC support. And the ability to stream ps5 games on PC.

Probably because its cheap for the annual sub. If i was going for the annual sub it would be a waste to not get premium over extra.

Then again i dont know who the hell is paying monthly. Its a extortionate price monthly.

2 Likes

I know it isn’t a good or accurate metric to gauge how many sales a game has sold on steam , but it seems Spidey (almost 65k so far) is not going to surpass GOW concurrent players and if it does, its not going to be by a massive difference.

For comparison: GOW with a peak of 73.000+ players “only” managed to sell 791k copies two and a half months after release which generated $26.2M in revenue. Maybe Spideman could end up generating a bit more revenue due to being more expensive than GOW but I don’t see it setting charts on fire on PC and that begs the question…will SONY really be able to meet their PC sales expectations?

Don’t see Miles Morales helping that much either if the trend continues. They either have more games releasing on PC before their fiscal year ends or are/were expecting too much from Spiderman plus residual sales from their first party.

1 Like

Did those expected numbers include Bungie’s Destiny Expansion and MTX sales on PC? :thinking:

1 Like

No, Jimbo said that those didnt count for this. Let me find the quote…

Then i have no idea how they expect to hit that high. Must be big expectations on SM and TLOU:RR when it hits PC.

When does their FY22 end?