PlayStation 5 |OT| This SSD has no limits

Wouldnt hold your breath. And no the only ps1 games ill go back and play are the story driven jrpgs. Cant touch games like syphin filter. Really outdated.

1 Like

Will become irrelevant soon enough.

1 Like

Uh huh…

1 Like

Based on logic of acquiring studios to receive successful GaaS, then Xbox is about to have a lot more once Activision Blizzard is acquired. So calling Xbox a failure on it makes no sense, let alone the current stance.

1 Like

Doubtful

2 Likes

Some wild takes in here…can’t wait to see some new IP from Sony’s 1P. Last gen was great for that, I hope we get another on the level of Ghost of Tsushima.

A new Naughty Dog IP this gen would be awesome….

2 Likes

They are supposed to be doing a Sci fi game right?

1 Like

Pretty sure yeah…I know it was rumored at least after TLOU II.

Hopefully they’ve been working on it and go full bore once Factions comes out.

Actually, I might be confusing it with Santa Monica. I think it’s Cory that is working on something.

Or maybe I’m all confused haha

Agreed. In the mean time though, im looking forward to God of War Ragnarok, Spider Man 2, Wolverine and eventually Tsushima 2.

Cory is working on a new IP that is rumored to be a sci-fi game. Naughty Dog is working on TLOUP2 Factions, TLOUP3 and TLOU Remake.

1 Like

Cory is working on Sci Fi . ND is working on multiple TLOU shit but it was rumored that Neil Druckmann pitched a Sci-fi game to Sony . We dont know if they are working on it or not .

2 Likes

No disrespect but I think people need a bit of a reality check when it comes to PlayStation IP.

Spider-Man and God of War are top tier quality and deserve praise. They are very popular however … beyond those two games, things drop off fast.

-Ratchet was pushed very hard by Grubb and others as a must buy and to be honest it wasn’t even good enough to make my top ten list for the year. Ratchet has never been a very likable character and the PS5 game was over hyped.

• Horizon Forbidden West was the sequel that no one was asking for. The first game was fun and unique but by the end of it I had had my fill of sneaking around hunting mechanical dinosaurs.

-Gran Turismo is okay but once you compare it to Forza Horizon or what we all expect to be a current gen showcase title from Forza Motorsport, I would say Gran Turismo is a decade behind the competition.

-Ghosts of Tsushima is just like Horizon Forbidden West in that it is another unnecessary sequel. Seriously when you make a Ubisoft clone game you need to ask yourself why Assassins Creed changes the characters and settings every game. Ubisoft > ghosts of Tsushima.

• Last of Us remake and Last of Us remaster and Last of Us 2: online… give me a break. This will bomb hard. No one cares anymore.

• Spider-Man … again Spider-Man is great and popular but he needs to leave New York. This map has been beaten to death already and it’s only been two and a half games.

Look these are some harsh truths. People can try to deny that these problems exist but I am willing to bet that waning sales will reflect that I am correct in the end. PlayStation has a serious problem with sequels, remakes, and lack of excitement this generation.

1 Like

What exactly is Ghost of Tsushima a sequel to lol…?

TLOU is a huge IP…like seriously?

Like I get in XBox fandom circles, it’s in style to bash Sony IP and everything they do but that’s a troll post if I’ve ever seen one…

They have a lack of excitement this gen? Good lord…

1 Like

I’m saying Ghosts or Tsushima sequels will lack that necessary element that Ubisoft puts into their games. Every game needs a new setting and protagonist. Ubisoft is smart enough to know this.

It’s okay to point out flaws in PlayStation. Not everything is a troll. I’m open to discussing why you think I’m wrong.

I stand by my assertion that Last of Us is a franchise on the decline. I predict the next remakes or online thing will barely register for most gamers. We’ve moved on.

Last of Us will do big numbers, remake and TV show plus marketing will make sure of that and the last games sold really well while also being critically acclaimed. I’m not really into the franchise myself, more of an Uncharted type of guy. The one thing I don’t expect to register with gamers is the Last of Us multiplayer; Naughty Dog’s multiplayer games have never been really good.

Don’t get me wrong I will buy Last of Us 3 but a remake? Yeah no. I don’t think there is very many people asking for that. I hope for a different game though personally. Very talented studio, Uncharted would be my preference but I’ll buy whatever they put out. I’m just done with rereleases and remasters of Last of Us. I don’t think I’m off base here, this is likely how most people feel.

Except the things you’re pointing out aren’t flaws…they’re opinions lol and they’re clearly not the case.

I mean they’re correct opinions. PlayStation 5 games are trending downwards in game sales. Doesn’t that back up my point? Other than Spider-Man of course. Even Spider-Man PS5 sales seem to be down though.

I wouldnt put spiderman at gows level tbf. Gameplay and pacing gets in the way

1 Like